Thread: HELP!!!

HELP!!!

I just built a 12x20 outbuilding that I plan to make into a home office/recording studio. The problem is, if I install a window unit, I am creating excessive noise that is not good for recording. I want to use a 10000 btu window unit outside with attached duct work to cut down on the noise and still cool the room, but I am not exactly sure how it needs to be set-up. Can anyone help??

Find a local contractor familiar with ductless split systems like Mitsubishi. They are very quiet and will work well in your application.

Budget is not that big.

The mini split is exactly what you need. You are asking for specific operating conditions, and this is what it takes. There is no cheap rig up, other than the window shaker you already mentioned. Besides have you even gotten an estimate? Check it out. By the way, if you have gotten an estimate, do not post that or any other prices on this site, they will ban you, (Just didnt want to be responsible for leading you into that trap)

Quote Originally Posted by rfarrar View Post
    Budget is not that big.
    But your building a recording studio.Look kinda cheap to have some thing rigged outside don't cha think.

just a small home studio...hobby

just a small home studio...hobby
    O.k. then run a duct run from your house to your "studio"

Humidity must be addressed if quality results are to be expected. For such a small room a ductless split should help to cool but you still need dehumidification during the summer, and humidification in the winter. Nothing like a compressor kicking in during an acoustic guitar part ( ask how I know). All music equipment is affected by the humidity. Especially when recording the analog way.

Budget is not that big.
    Yep. Hear that alot. Don't expect to get what you are looking for then. A mini split is no window unit. It's many times better. Dehumidify shouldn't be a problem but it sounds like your budget may be the hang up.