the owner insist the condensate drain pipe........

i'm installing a air handler in a attic and the owner of the house insists that i connect the primary condensate drain pipe to the drain of the sink below.
    i never done it this way, and i'm wondering how i should do this task. what fittings do i need for the sink drain? should i even do it this way? please help.

frank

if you are the license tech then you know what to do ,read the city code book.

You need a sink tailpiece with a connection for your cond drain, ask your plumbing wholesaler he will fix you up.

Make sure you read your local code. They get a bit funny about things like that. For instance here in Florida, I have to have a min. of 1" of clearance(gap) between the primary house drain and the condensate drain.

dont forget the trap .........
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

I would definately check with local codes on this issue. In my area we must pipe condensate outside of the building not into the sewer. If the house is on a septic system I wouldn't do it either.

In some areas, the local sewer authority (which may not necessarily be the code administrating authority) prohibits condensate draining to the sewer. The Sewer Use Ordinance in this case is where that's listed, not necessarily the county building code.

Tell the homeowner it's free irrigation water!

thanks

thanks for the info guys.