Samsung AS12ABMC split.

Hi guys,

Last November we had a power line go down outside our house and the resulting surge fried a few things in our home.

Since I hadn't used the AC unit for a month or so at that time, I didn't realize until 3 weeks ago that the AC unit was affected as well.

The unit worked perfectly right up until the last time we used it last fall. It has always (4 years) worked perfectly.

Now, when I hit the power on the remote.....NOTHING, completely dead. I checked the power and it's fine. The remote comes on and is completely functional but the interior unit does not respond.

I figure that it has got to be one of the two circuit boards in the interior unit that got damaged. The PCB board which I assume processes the signals from the remote or the main circuit board. The fuse on the main board is fine and I tested it to be sure.

I went online to Samsung and then talked to someone in customer service who gave me the "service representative" in my area (Montreal, Canada). I called them up and told them the problem and they told me that they don't do those "types" of repairs. I called up 3 other contractors and was told it would be $100 just to come to the door and then of course they're not going to have the right replacement parts on hand so it will probably be a waste of time as I doubt they'll be able to do anything other than order them and hope that that's the problem.

I called back Samsung and asked where I could buy replacement parts and was told that only contractors can buy them. Thanks a lot.........

I went online with part numbers ie; DB41-00027C which is the main circuit board and found it for $5.95 but am sure it is probably only the board itself without the capacitors etc....and anything else that is unique to this model.

I'm stuck here. Would an electronics repair person be able to identify and fix any blown component on either board if I were to remove them and take them to him/her???

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Big M

Don't know.
    If it was truely damaged by lightning. Then your insurance company should pay for it. Under the same claim that they did the other things.

Please read the site rules. This is not a DIY site. So you won't get help.
    Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Big M View Post
    Hi guys,

Last November we had a power line go down outside our house and the resulting surge fried a few things in our home.

Since I hadn't used the AC unit for a month or so at that time, I didn't realize until 3 weeks ago that the AC unit was affected as well.

The unit worked perfectly right up until the last time we used it last fall. It has always (4 years) worked perfectly.

Now, when I hit the power on the remote.....NOTHING, completely dead. I checked the power and it's fine. The remote comes on and is completely functional but the interior unit does not respond.

I figure that it has got to be one of the two circuit boards in the interior unit that got damaged. The PCB board which I assume processes the signals from the remote or the main circuit board. The fuse on the main board is fine and I tested it to be sure.

I went online to Samsung and then talked to someone in customer service who gave me the "service representative" in my area (Montreal, Canada). I called them up and told them the problem and they told me that they don't do those "types" of repairs. I called up 3 other contractors and was told it would be $100 just to come to the door and then of course they're not going to have the right replacement parts on hand so it will probably be a waste of time as I doubt they'll be able to do anything other than order them and hope that that's the problem.

I called back Samsung and asked where I could buy replacement parts and was told that only contractors can buy them. Thanks a lot.........

I went online with part numbers ie; DB41-00027C which is the main circuit board and found it for $5.95 but am sure it is probably only the board itself without the capacitors etc....and anything else that is unique to this model.

I'm stuck here. Would an electronics repair person be able to identify and fix any blown component on either board if I were to remove them and take them to him/her???

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Big M
    No an electronic tech couldn't help you.

Call your local HVAC contractor.....they can help you.

and this is not a DIY site. Read the rules. Call a contractor. Stop before you mess something up terribly.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Sorry guys.........

......I didn't realize that this was a no DYI site.

I'll just go phone a bunch more contractors who won't help me......

Have a good one,

Big M

Thats the spirit dude

You gotta find someone that knows what they are doing.....

If all else fails, move
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Dude.

Call the contractor that installed it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Dude.

Call the contractor that installed it.
    Now, what has that contractor did to deserve that?? LOL

Hey BobbyBJr

Thanks for the retarded comment.

FWIW, I took the two PCB's to a PCB repair company where they tested all components on both of them and found the problem to be a couple of blown components on the main board.

He changed them and charged me $40.

Problem fixed.

Thanks for all your help,

Big M

ROTFLMAO!!