Thread: compensation

compensation

According to Salary.com, the median salary for an HVAC Tech in the Houston area with 5 years experience is $25.16 an hour (base) + bennies. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by FacilityPro View Post
    According to Salary.com, the median salary for an HVAC Tech in the Houston area with 5 years experience is $25.16 an hour (base) + bennies. Is this true?
    Sounds about wright , I can't speak about the rest of the country, they took a survey awhile back, It would nice to know the results,....Here In OZ..the pay Is 8.13 no bennies, And you are only as good as your last service call...Welcome to Florida.
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Here In OZ..the pay Is 8.13 no bennies, And you are only as good as your last service call...Welcome to Florida.

I hope you are joking. I worked for a company in Miami which I left in 1991. At that time I was getting $14.00 an hour with decent benefits.
    Jim
    Tucson, Az
    Keeping the Ice Cream Frozen!

Quote Originally Posted by market-tech View Post

I hope you are joking. I worked for a company in Miami which I left in 1991. At that time I was getting $14.00 an hour with decent benefits.
    It Is different today, to many "CANS" now, to many for state to shut down, the large boys got the market sew up, " price wise for labor"......but there Is plenty of work, better drive a Amorore car for a service truck, they don't break Into them anymore , they just steal the whole thing, and dump It off on I-95 someplace...STRIP OF EVERTHING
    ""esta es mi ciudad de mierda la cabeza .... ahora o dejar morir" " saw that on a wall the last time I was there
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

""esta es mi ciudad de mierda la cabeza .... ahora o dejar morir" " That's real nice, and why I will never go back to try and get thing up and running after a Hurricane. We were living in a big tent and sleeping in our vans, we got shot at, and had to fend off the gangs ourselves. Translation; "Leave or die, this is my city S****ead"

There are so many people around here working out of Honda Civics and Station Wagons its ridiculous, and they only thing 90% of them can say in English is hello. Had a guy try to apply for a job like 2 months ago that couldn't read or write English, couldn't even fill the ap out. I still can't figure out how he expected to do A/C without being able to write a service ticket up or read a wiring diagram or set-up directions to something.....