Thread: ???

???

After you go on a no cooling call find and fix the problem, does anyone check the amp draws, check the caps, ect? I mean the system was running before and after you fix it is that all you check? Iv'e wondered if that's the time to do them or just on a service call. Any help would be helpfull in understanding when to do these tasks. Thanks

Depends on what the problem was causing the no cooling. I'm sure there are many senarios that would require checking but others that don't require a complete system check unless the HO requested it and doesn't mind paying for it.

as I though I would just check the problem and leave the rest of the system unless the HO wants ?

I would think "just check the problem and leave the rest of the system unless the HO wants" would be the correct answer but be aware that if the system goes out again within the same season, you'll be the one they blame for not fixing it the first time. I'd let the HO know that you fixed the problem and recommend a complete system check because something else may fail or be in the process of failing. The monkey is now on their back.

I doubt most PM calls are more than filter change, lubrication, belt check, cond. coil clean, etc. If you get a SH/SC or static check or amp draw, cap check, you'd be lucky. I feel the electronics should be checked but time is $$ and most part swappers just do a peak and run on the PM services.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    I'd let the HO know that you fixed the problem and recommend a complete system check because something else may fail or be in the process of failing. The monkey is now on their back.
    Write this on your invoice also, because homeowners have a way of "forgetting" what you reccommended.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!