Post Likes

Hackjob from the past

This is an old Tappan or Singer A/C install from about 30 years ago that still runs. In the first pic, note the cleverly designed drain trap system. I also love seeing the loop of liquid line tucked up. This was a precharged lineset, but I can't help but wonder...where's the extra suction line??

Oh, THERE it is! Coiled up behind the condenser, of course. What a wonderful install this is. I especially like the disconnect/whip.

Of course, the homeowner did his own plug job on the lineset hole:

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Statements made by me are strictly my opinions and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. I am not authorized to make any official statements on behalf of my employer.
    Any technical advice offered by me is for educational purposes only, all HVAC related repairs should only be attempted by qualified personnel.

Post Likes

Hmm redneck oil trap

I like the redneck oil traps on the low side line behind the condensing unit. I ran into an install similar to this, but the compressor was seized up. A lot of oil came out of all those coils, not much in comp. though.