Hybrid View

Confused "Dreaded Spray Insulation Guy".... Now has his HVAC License... We are all "Doomed"

New to the Forum, I should be a positive influence. This should be "FUN" !!

I am that "Dreaded Spray Insulation Guy" thats going to cut your tonnage in 1/2 and make you bring fresh air into the home for folks to breath.

Guys I am here to "Learn" and "Help".....

I know Foam & Cellulose Insulation, IAQ, HERS, Energy Star, Green Stuff, Sizing, Duct Design, Installation, Service, In that order !!!
    I can get around "Wrightsoft" and the "IECC".

So if you like "please put me in your "Buddy or Contact List" I am sure I will come in handy some day.... And I will need all of you guys help "No Doubt".

It will also take me some time to see which "Forum" fits me and which one you guys won't beat me up to bad !!!!
    Last edited by kenny mac; 07-08-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: can't spell

Now how does that go "Build tight, ventilate right?"

"Build It Tight and Size It Right".....

Did I Pass???

Quote Originally Posted by kenny mac View Post
    "Build It Tight and Size It Right".....

Did I Pass???
    You comment shows you will fit in.
    A small note. Build it tight, ventilate it right, size it right, and keep it dry.
    Tight enough for natural infiltration not to exceed occupants needs during cold windy weather. Enough ventilation to purge indoor pollutants and renew the oxygen during calm, warm weather. Sized large enough to be able to handle extra occupants during hot weather. Large enough to pull down the indoor temperature from t-stat set-up in a couple hours during hot weather. Enough fresh air to supply make-up air for exhaust equipment and change the air in 3-4 hours. Maintain <50%RH throughout the home during wet cool weather with fresh air ventilation.

Lets hear more about your strategies. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    You comment shows you will fit in.
    A small note. Build it tight, ventilate it right, size it right, and keep it dry.
    Tight enough for natural infiltration not to exceed occupants needs during cold windy weather. Enough ventilation to purge indoor pollutants and renew the oxygen during calm, warm weather. Sized large enough to be able to handle extra occupants during hot weather. Large enough to pull down the indoor temperature from t-stat set-up in a couple hours during hot weather. Enough fresh air to supply make-up air for exhaust equipment and change the air in 3-4 hours. Maintain <50%RH throughout the home during wet cool weather with fresh air ventilation.

Lets hear more about your strategies. Regards TB
    TB
    Boy is this going to be Fun!!!
    HELP ME !! I am trying to complete my profile and can't figure out how to post my signature, pics, PM or avatar.... on my CP the edit or add button is missing....
    Is it because I am on "Rookie Status" ????
    I have a Huge Amount of BS to add to your quote after while... for now I have to go con some folks out of their $$$$

Thanks a Bunch