Confused High Velocity AC system

Hi All-

Just bought a house with "central air". Tested the AC system before closing. Cold air was coming out of the tubes in the ceiling (High velocity system). We went to close on the house then came back 3-4 hours later leaving the AC on 68. The temp never went down 1 degree! We left the AC running for 5-6 hours. Tried same thing the following day. Called a service tech and said everything was running properly but said he thinks our system is too small for our house. We have a 2100 sq ft colonial. Currently there are two vents in the basement (add'l 700 sqft). Our current system is 3ton.

So the problem is the current system is not cooling the house. Got one estimate that a new larger system would be xxxx (we're in CT). What are my options? How do I find a good contractor?

REMOVED PRICING
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 07-07-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Let it run for a few days

Let it do it's job and stabilize the house humidity and temperature.

PHM
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by bobfres2 View Post
    Hi All-

Just bought a house with "central air". Tested the AC system before closing. Cold air was coming out of the tubes in the ceiling (High velocity system). We went to close on the house then came back 3-4 hours later leaving the AC on 68. The temp never went down 1 degree! We left the AC running for 5-6 hours. Tried same thing the following day. Called a service tech and said everything was running properly but said he thinks our system is too small for our house. We have a 2100 sq ft colonial. Currently there are two vents in the basement (add'l 700 sqft). Our current system is 3ton.

So the problem is the current system is not cooling the house. Got one estimate that a new larger system would be xxxx (we're in CT). What are my options? How do I find a good contractor?

REMOVED PRICING
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.