Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

compressor is pumping but not cooling

Hello every one
    I am working on the 2 to unit made by carrier (HDR MODLE) which is i am getting 300 psi on high side and 60 psi on low side, the evap coil and condesor and filters are clean, when i touch the high side by compressor or evap coil is very hot but i don,t get any temp on low side is it posible the copressor is pumping but not cooling. thanks

This is not a DIY help site. Please read the rules. My advice is to call a technician to properly diagnose your equipment.

I also deleted your second thread on the same subject in General Discussion, once again, please review the rules re' posting etc.

hey i am a technician i been doing heating and cooling for 20 years but i never had a problem like this befor . thanks

Quote Originally Posted by massoudv View Post
    hey i am a technician i been doing heating and cooling for 20 years but i never had a problem like this befor . thanks
    DIY

what kind of compressor is it then? is it cap tube or txv what refrigerant is it on ?

We can only answer technical questions in the pro forums. There is a link in my signature line, click and follow the directions.

is a 38hdr condensor with goodman coil and is a cap tube. thans

and is R22 refrigerant .

Hello every one
    I am working on the 2 to unit made by carrier (HDR MODLE) which is i am getting 300 psi on high side and 60 psi on low side, the evap coil and condesor and filters are clean, when i touch the high side by compressor or evap coil is very hot but i don,t get any temp on low side is it posible the copressor is pumping but not cooling. thanks
    If you are not DIY, what does "high side by compressor or evap coil is very hot" mean, exactly? What refrigerant is in this unit? The real question is 'why is there such a difference between high and low side pressures?' 300 and 60 are not r22 typical pressures for an 85 degree day and high space temperature. Seems like a restriction, and you should have seen this within the 20 or so years of a/c work. Good luck.
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

I am not trying to give you a difficult time. But our rules are here for a reason. Please review them, no technical help in this forum guys! PERIOD!

DIY

Quote Originally Posted by bdivell View Post
    DIY
    Good move on the edit!

it was 72 at the evap and when i check the superheat was 22 deg but sinse i was not getting the right temp i did not check the subcooling.

HeyBob i wasn't trying to help him at all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast