Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEZERLM View Post
    Don't you guys have anything constructive to do besides hastle a guy looking for some techical know how? Maybe I should sit at home all evening and make fun of people trying to learn stuff on the net? Actually, it might be easier to just to walk into an elemtary school and laugh at kids who can't read. Boy would that be fun!
    Hey dog can't kill yourself learning how to read.

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    Hey dog can't kill yourself learning how to read.
    I wire three phase machinery all day long, I am not a stranger to 220vac. You guys act like its building an atom bomb or something?

I wire three phase machinery all day long, I am not a stranger to 220vac. You guys act like its building an atom bomb or something?
    First of all I don't care what you wire up how many times a day.If you don't know what your doing let it be and hire someone who does.Don't get mad just think of it as a bunch of guys trying to save you money,time and maybe even your life.Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    First of all I don't care what you wire up how many times a day.If you don't know what your doing let it be and hire someone who does.Don't get mad just think of it as a bunch of guys trying to save you money,time and maybe even your life.Good luck.
    Thanks for saving my life.

Thanks for saving my life.
    The bill is in the mail.

I would agree with the mini-split system, but clearly if you have to ask "how to do it", means you DONT know as much as you think you do. You could probably figure out 'how to do it' but why waste time and money. It's experience you are seeking. Not to flame others when they speak the truth about your 'jerry-rigged' window unit.

I am not a pro either but I know when something is over my head. I would suggest not throwing out flames . You (just like me), has/had a LOT of DIY questions, but you saw the rules when you signed on to post. If you just read LOTS of posts and threads here, you will find yourself learning something. Or maybe Yahoo Answers would be an alternate location for your needs.

I would say you are lucky this thread isn't already locked.

O.k. so you can wire something but by the story you just told us and the pics we saw, it's obvious your not to bright in the a/c field. The set up is crappy but may have worked if you would have at least left the a/c in the room far enough so the side vents could have drawn in air from the shop to better cool the condensor. Even thats a half ass idea, but better than yours, so before you come in hear crappin in everybodys wheaties, you better think first

Should have told me you can't read

Don't you guys have anything constructive to do besides hastle a guy looking for some techical know how? Maybe I should sit at home all evening and make fun of people trying to learn stuff on the net? Actually, it might be easier to just to walk into an elemtary school and laugh at kids who can't read. Boy would that be fun!

If you told me you can't read then, I would have explain what the rules are. This is not a Do It Yourself work shop. We are not allowed to give you information that can potentialy harm you. If you want to learn how to Install a air conditioner then go to school or take a apprenticeship. There is more to it than you think. Now don't go away with a feeling that you will be missed.
    Do it right the first time.

Please lock it! This thread went from a couple of guys trying to help me out to a bunch of jerks trying to hastle me for wanting to learn. Its not that I am a cheap ass I just enjoy learning things. I was hoping to find a community that was built to help those wanting to learn. Yes I asked the question because I don't know. Does this mean everytime I don't know something I shouldn't ask for fear of being hastled? Just wish people could focus on helping others rather than tearing them down thats all.

Its very clear I am at the wrong place. Sorry for wasting your time.

Please lock it! This thread went from a couple of guys trying to help me out to a bunch of jerks trying to hastle me for wanting to learn. Its not that I am a cheap ass I just enjoy learning things. I was hoping to find a community that was built to help those wanting to learn. Yes I asked the question because I don't know. Does this mean everytime I don't know something I shouldn't ask for fear of being hastled? Just wish people could focus on helping others rather than tearing them down thats all.
    The jerks you are refering to are the techs that do this everyday.If you learn to listen we are not bashing you but we can not tell you how to do even if we wanted to.Not that I would anyway.

nevermind! (edited and deleted)

I'm quite the newbie to this forum and jumped the gun a bit with an opinion
    Last edited by diverdan; 07-08-2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: im a newbie and didn't look at the entire thread.

You mat wire 3 phase all day long.
    But you apparently don't know how to read rules and follow instructions.
    This is not a DIY site.

If a 28,000 BTU window unit was too small to cool the area, and was justing going to take the bite off.
    Then a 1 ton mini split ain't gonna do squat.

Call your customers. And tell them how to do what you do. Then you won't need your business to be open. And won't need A/C.

Saves you money that way.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast