Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Calling all Texan HVAC Pros....I NEED HELP!!!

I originally posted with a different thread title, but iraqveteran suggested I used the above thread title instead so here goes. We live in SW Fort Worth, approximately 30 minutes from Weatherford and just inside the Parker County line with a Fort Worth address. We would like some suggestions from fellow Texans familiar with contractors in our area. We are wanting to get estimates for a new system for a 2 story, 3900 sq. ft. '99 model home. Thanks in advance for your help!!

DId you give Beco a call, yet?

Glad to see you used my title....
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    DId you give Beco a call, yet?
    No, didn't have a chance today. I will want to get several quotes from different companies; hence, the new thread. I googled them, but didn't find a web site. Do you happen to know which manufacturers he installs? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Glad to see you used my title....
    Good idea for sure. Rather direct and to the point....where my title was a bit vague. We haven't dealt with any HVAC companies since we have lived in Fort Worth so sure is nice to get a little bit of insight from knowledgeable folks rather that just picking randomly out of the yellow pages. Come on Texans! I need a couple more recommendations.

I recommend you call a gentleman named Mark Beiser and find out if his company serves the location you're at.

His company, Air Worth AC & Heating, is located in Hurst. His firm's service area includes Hurst, Euless, Bedford, North Richland Hills, Colleyville, Grapevine, Keller, and Southlake.

This is who I would use if he served the North Dallas area.

You can get a phone number, and a company web site URL, from Mark's profile here. He is a frequent contributor here.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bill

i suggest you call your former governer G.W. Bush and get Dick Cheneys company Halliburton to help you out. i am sure they will quote you a price that is 10 times the norm but who cares? every one in texas is rich like the Bushes. Am i correct?

Quote Originally Posted by wellhung View Post
    every one in texas is rich like the Bushes. Am i correct?
    If you are, nobody has told me, yet!

I used to hear it all the time growing up in Texas from out-of-staters..."Doesn't everyone have a ranch with an oil well on it in Texas?" No, I grew up in the suburbs of Dallas, where (contrary to the TV show), the nearest oil well was at least a hundred miles or more in any direction.

Of course, these days we have the Barnett Shale, where there is almost literally a well in people's back yards. Except it's a natural gas well, and the drillers are buying up property and leasing mineral rights left and right in order to drill right down the street from your house. So...at least part of the stereotype is somewhat true...still waiting to hear that I'm rich and my personal propery holdings are greater than a 1/4 acre lot in the suburbs!

Quote Originally Posted by wellhung View Post
    i suggest you call your former governer G.W. Bush and get Dick Cheneys company Halliburton to help you out. i am sure they will quote you a price that is 10 times the norm but who cares? every one in texas is rich like the Bushes. Am i correct?
    GREAT idea! You are absolutely, 100% correct.

Any Texans familiar with a company named AirCo here in the Fort Worth area? My neighbor used them and just thought I would see if any of you pros may have an opinion??
    Thanks in advance!

How about Plano/Dallas area

Any recommendation in Plano?

I have a York 3 ton and have been told the compressor is grounded and needs to be replaced for what seems to be big bucks (trying not to break the forum rules, PM if you want to know the replacement cost).

House built in 98. Looking at upgrading to newer system. Most companies are quoting Goodman with 10 year or lifetime compressor warranties. Seems to be a trend. I have one guy who is quoting a little over 2x the cost of the compressor alone for a 16 SEER SSX Series Goodman with coil. I assume these are **Not** builder level since they are the top of Goodman's line?

Hey Livin--

Im in your area, emails in my profile,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by andserco View Post
    Hey Livin--

Im in your area, emails in my profile,,,,,
    Thanks! I will take a gander and be in touch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast