Thread: Replacing 10yr old system. Thoughts on Quoted Options.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Question Replacing 10yr old system. Thoughts on Quoted Options.

I'm new to the forum but have read through quite a few postings to try to get educated as quickly as possible but you can never too much information for this type of investment. Here is my situation:

I have a 10 year old 10Seer 3ton Carrier central air and heat system. House is about 2000sq ft in hot & humid Florida. My AC company has recommended that I replace the system to increase efficiency and to reduce the chances of a costly repair bill as some parts are showing wear and tear.

After the yearly tune up today, I had my tech give me 2 estimates for upgrading the system. I have been told in the past that replacing these in the summer is more expensive and to wait until the winter time but this tech told me that they have great rebates taking place because of the reduction in business and I would be able to save more now if I get it done in the next week. He gave me a quote for a Carrier Infinity 19Seer system with all of the bells and whistles for REMOVEDand for the 15Seer system for $REMOVED. I'm limited on other companies here in town that sell the same items to look at estimate differences.

I know moving from a 10Seer would be an improvement and maybe even reduce my power bill, but how much of a difference would it be moving to a 19 or is that overkill and just stick with a 15. The great thing is that the codes have changed so much here, everything will have to be replaced to include some of the ducts and lines.

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by HeyBob; 07-07-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in