Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Airport Stupidity

I flew out of San Jose a week ago (vacation). After I got through security I looked back and noticed three people getting the full search treatment.

#1. ~11 year old girl.
    #2. Grandma, approx 70 years old.
    #3. Male, ~20 years old, in full uniform (Army).

I agree that in many cases we shouldn't profile people based on age, sex, etc, but this is totally ridiculous. Looks like the terrorists have won. Their goal was to strike fear and we're so scared we don't even act sanely anymore.

Yea, it's been going on for years.My little girl is 3 and gets the treatment as well. Otherwise it would be "profiling", and you know how that gets some folks' shorts in a wad......

Seems to only happen in this country though.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Seems we hear about 'granny' types strapping bombs around their bodies just as much as able bodied men.
    It's sad that our world has come to this but, who exactly CAN you trust? The terrorists don't follow the rules of engagement.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I feel I can trust a US armed forces member. At that time there were approx. 35 active military soldiers there, all dressed in desert fatigues. There is no logical reason to do a full search on any of them.

In my opinion, because of the huge hassle and money spent wasting time to appease those offended by discrimination. The airport security is probably choosing those they think will cooperate most in a search or at least not take up to much time so they can get it over with because it is bothersome and stinks that we have to search people who aren't even remotely suspicious to apease idiots who are offended if our McDonald's cup doesn't say "i'm lovin' it" in 15 frickin languages.------you know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat-X-changer View Post
    In my opinion, because of the huge hassle and money spent wasting time to appease those offended by discrimination.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a Winner!!!

We are so afraid of being accused of discrimination that common sense has left the building. We have limited resources and if we can squander them searching anybody instead of concentrating them on the most likely suspects then THEY win.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    I flew out of San Jose a week ago (vacation). After I got through security I looked back and noticed three people getting the full search treatment.

#1. ~11 year old girl.

I gotta say, this is penultimate stupidity.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    I gotta say, this is penultimate stupidity.
    What would qualify as the ultimate boot?

A few years ago the New Guinea prime minister, while visiting Aus, was asked to remove his shoes so they could be searched at an airport.
    Can you spell D I P L O M A T?
    He's been going out of his way to obstruct Australia in the region ever since. I think that could qualify as ultimate stupidity.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

#1. ~11 year old girl.

I agree that in many cases we shouldn't profile people based on age, sex, etc, but this is totally ridiculous. Looks like the terrorists have won. Their goal was to strike fear and we're so scared we don't even act sanely anymore.

"We can't professionalize them unless we unionize them."

Senator Harry Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Slatts View Post
    What would qualify as the ultimate boot?
    I would say the supers who condone this crap.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

#1. ~11 year old girl.

Based on things I have heard in the past several years about terrorists, I would be hesitant to question the actions of the security people involved. We know that terrorists will use anything or anybody to accomplish their mission. It is just a matter of time before they step their efforts to "purge the world of infidels". They are certainly smart enough to come up with any military uniform they want so just wearing a military uniform doesn't mean a whole lot in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Based on things I have heard in the past several years about terrorists, I would be hesitant to question the actions of the security people involved. We know that terrorists will use anything or anybody to accomplish their mission. It is just a matter of time before they step their efforts to "purge the world of infidels". They are certainly smart enough to come up with any military uniform they want so just wearing a military uniform doesn't mean a whole lot in my opinion.
    Yeah, but there were at least 35 other military personnel there at the same time. All were typical American stock. The one getting the treatment was 6'3" and blond.

If the IRA had hijacked airplanes and flew them into the towers, every white guy that got on a plane would be searched, and not a thing would be said about it by the ACLU...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast