Thread: Honeywell IAQ Fan options

Post Likes

Confused Honeywell IAQ Fan options

All,

I have one for you all.

I have a Honeywell IAQ t-stat (largely because of this forum), hooked to a Trane XL15i with a VS AH.

I've been doing some home remodeling, and in the process, creating lots of dust. To prevent the filter from being completely clogged with drywall/plaster dust, I've been having to flip the breaker to the HP and AH to keep the fan from running, because on the tstat, all I can do is set the fan to "auto/on", "on", and "circ". Is there a reason I can't set it to "off"? I can turn the heating/cooling off... but the fan has no option to do this (and doesn't turn off with the heating/cooling). Or am I just stuck flipping the breaker? It would be nice to be able to turn the fan off also in the cases of having a bunch of windows open, so I'm not (in essence) filtering the outdoors.

Thanks!

Post Likes
    with the fan in the auto position and system off nothing should run.

call back whoever set it up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    with the fan in the auto position and system off nothing should run.
    This is correct.

On the VisionPro the fan is programable. Im willing to bet that for one or more time periods you have the fan programmed to either ON or CIRC. Go through the program and make sure the fan is set to AUTO all the time.

Post Likes
    As above. Make sure the fan is not set to "on", or "circ" in any of the wake, leave, return, sleep programs. Then set system to off, and fan to auto.

Post Likes
    but, if I set the fan to auto, doesn't that make it not run unless the heat/cool is on? I'd prefer to have it run all the time unless I don't want it on. That's part of the whole VS AH, and having it run at low speed all the time to keep the house temp equalized, etc.

Will auto do that? Or can I not have my cake yadda yadda.

Post Likes
    check your program as the others have stated. i think that was one of the quirks i heard about but forgot.......

if the fan is programmed to be on during certain time periods it will run even if system is set to off.

change the fan progam for now then you can change it back after your project.

Post Likes
    The fan auto, on, and circ settings, are independant of the system settings.
    If you have a wake, leave, return, sleep program that has the fan set to on or circ. It will run the fan irreguardless of what setting you have the system to, or what you have the manual fan control set to.

Post Likes
    okay, I think I get it. So, I set the schedule to "auto" for all the cycles... and then, if I want the fan running all the time, I just set it to "on" in the manual settings. That will override the "auto", as well as let me turn it off completely should I want to.

Okay, I'll give that a shot tonight. Will report back.

Post Likes
    Try doing a permanent hold for now with fan in auto position. See if that stops the fan.

Post Likes
    I think you'll find that Permenant Temp hold. Holds the TEMP, not over ride fan settings.
    As temp and fan funtions are 2 different functions.

So just change all fan settings to auto.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in