Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wouldn't hurt to cut a couple of strategically located ball valves in while you've got the high side empty. Save your self all this hassle next time.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Quote Originally Posted by coldkeeper1 View Post
    Hi again.
    I guess I´m going to have to shut all the compressors´discharge service valves, do the same with the condenser inlet valve, recover the refrigerant left in the piping between these two points and then pull apart the separator. Same procedure if someday the DDPR fails.
    You won't have to go through the same procedure again.............because you're going to sweat in a couple of ball valves and pressure taps while the rack is down.

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    You won't have to go through the same procedure again.............because you're going to sweat in a couple of ball valves and pressure taps while the rack is down.
    Yeh!....
    Hu?
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

i would bring in another tech to help, you don't have three hours to clean and then pipe in these valves unless you done this a bunch it will take some time and if something goes wrong there is 2 heads
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

Just ahead of that separator there should be a check valve. I'd verify that it checks. Then, even if that check seeps out a hair, so what, pull that separator apart and have a look.

If you do end up having to recover that run you isolate, no big deal. I would for sure come preped with a ball valve and cut it in for isolation..

Let us hear about how she goes when you get done.

Hey 4D'S nice to see ya.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by frigeguy View Post
    Sounds to me like you found it. Just a trick I use in these cases, before you start pump down a couple of your larger systems on the rack, 3-4 psig. Then shut the pumps off one at a time isolateing the discharge as you go. Finally shut the inlet to the condensor, and dump the remaining discharge gas back into the systems you pumped down when you started. I would have new float in hand because you don't need to repete this if there is a problem.
    good tips. good tips. these are those tips that you can only pick up by having another guy explain them to you.

I do this alot. now a days. Back when I was green I learned it from someone. It never occured to me before that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12