Thread: Time for new AC/Heat Pump 'N TX~HELP Please!

Post Likes

Time for new AC/Heat Pump 'N TX~HELP Please!

Ok, here is the scenario....We live in Fort Worth, TX where we experience some temperature extremes. Our home is 3900 sq. ft., two story, built in '99. We currently have two Carrier units...one for downstairs, one for upstairs. We are ready to upgrade to more efficient units and need some input as to what manufacturers we need to consider. I have found, reading various threads, that the install is of utmost importance, but for our area/scenario, would you help us 'narrow the field'? In the winter, the current system requires that we throw on the heat strips if the outside temps dip below 30 which really sends the electric meter smoking! Is this something that we should expect with any heat pump? One other factor that needs to be considered is that we will be selling this home in approximately 3-5 yrs. Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    There is a metric asston of professional members here from Texas.

I would say your best bet would be to find one of them that will help you out.

Yes, installation is the most important factor. Sizing and duct design also play a big role. As far as brand, go with what your contractor provides. So basically, don't buy the system, but the contractor......

Your best bet is to find a member of this site from your area. Because it has been discussed before. And only the true professionals that strive to become better are a part of this forum. You get hooked up with one of us, and your almost guarenteed to get exactly what you are looking for. Especially with the rest of us checking up on you.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    There is a metric asston of professional members here from Texas.

I would say your best bet would be to find one of them that will help you out.

Yes, installation is the most important factor. Sizing and duct design also play a big role. As far as brand, go with what your contractor provides. So basically, don't buy the system, but the contractor......

Your best bet is to find a member of this site from your area. Because it has been discussed before. And only the true professionals that strive to become better are a part of this forum. You get hooked up with one of us, and your almost guarenteed to get exactly what you are looking for. Especially with the rest of us checking up on you.

Thanks iraqveteran! Any hints on how I go about finding members from my area? Just use TX as keyword? Yes, professionals...that is exactly what I need! And, sure do appreciate you and everyone checking up on me!

Post Likes
    Maybe start a new thread entitled.....

"Calling all Texan HVAC Pros....I NEED HELP!!!!!"

but other than that, you could try doing a search or just browse through other threads....The location is in the upper right corner across from the persons name. And "Professional Member" is directly under the name....

So look at mine. It says professional member just beneath IraqVeteran. and directly across you can see I hail in Jacksonville, NC. I have some 1000 posts or so and I also have AIM.

so there ya go. Now go get em Tex

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Maybe start a new thread entitled.....

"Calling all Texan HVAC Pros....I NEED HELP!!!!!"

but other than that, you could try doing a search or just browse through other threads....The location is in the upper right corner across from the persons name. And "Professional Member" is directly under the name....

So look at mine. It says professional member just beneath IraqVeteran. and directly across you can see I hail in Jacksonville, NC. I have some 1000 posts or so and I also have AIM.

so there ya go. Now go get em Tex
    Good idea! I just started searching TX threads, but a little tedious. Yep, I see you hail from JX, FL. I lived in FL for 40yrs., central east coast. I will try a new thread title and see what I get. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by livnfortworth View Post
    Good idea! I just started searching TX threads, but a little tedious. Yep, I see you hail from JX, FL. I lived in FL for 40yrs., central east coast. I will try a new thread title and see what I get. Thanks for the great suggestion.
    I am in NC.....not FL. I have been to Florida though.

A for Effort.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Mark's company, Air Worth AC, serves northeast Tarrant County...if you live there I'd definitely give them a ring. Beco Service serves the rest of Tarrant County if you live outside of Mark's service area. Beco Service and Air Worth AC are both in the phone book and show up on Google when entered in the search box. Either one would have my business for residential work if I was not in the trade myself.

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    Mark's company, Air Worth AC, serves northeast Tarrant County...if you live there I'd definitely give them a ring. Beco Service serves the rest of Tarrant County if you live outside of Mark's service area. Beco Service and Air Worth AC are both in the phone book and show up on Google when entered in the search box. Either one would have my business for residential work if I was not in the trade myself.
    We live just over the Parker County line in SW Fort Worth so I am surmising that neither of those companies will service this area. Do you have any recommendations for my area? I am going to start a new thread "Calling All TX HVAC pros..." as suggested by iraqveteran in order to get more hits. Thank you for your help!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    What part of Fort Worth?
    Hi Mark,
    We are just over the Parker County line just outside of Aledo. Thanks for your help!

Post Likes
    I am in NC.....not FL. I have been to Florida though.

A for Effort.
    oops! Sorry bout that. We had a cabin in western NC. Beautiful part of the country.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by livnfortworth View Post
    We live just over the Parker County line in SW Fort Worth so I am surmising that neither of those companies will service this area. Do you have any recommendations for my area? I am going to start a new thread "Calling All TX HVAC pros..." as suggested by iraqveteran in order to get more hits. Thank you for your help!
    Beco probably serves Parker County/SW Ft. Worth. Give them a call.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    Beco probably serves Parker County/SW Ft. Worth. Give them a call.
    Great! I will do just that. Thanks again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in