Replace Accuclean w/ 5" media?

I am moving into a house that we had installed accuclean over a year ago. We since were renting it out but are now moving in it. We worry about ozone. Can we buy a 5" trane Perfect Fit media replacement filter and remove the accuclean all together? We always smelled the ozone smell on the prior unit (it was replaced after recall). We have 2 air cleaners total in the house. WE are sick of cleaning them once a month for the tenants and dont want to have to deal w/ that since its in hard to reach spot.

I just want to make sure my system is compatible and is the bracket for accuclean ok for the 5" replacement? And, is there a way to sell my units once i remove them? They are under a year old. THX

You should be able to find the 5" media to fit the case, but the wholesaler might not sell it directly to you. You might need to go through an AS dealer.

I do not see any resale value on the guts. Try ebay or craigs list, yah never know.
    Ed J

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    If they can easily remove the accuclean ,and install a media cabinet,you might find a buyer for it.

If you want comparable filtration,switch to the Carrier Air Purifier,no cleaning ,just replace to cartridge.