Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMJD View Post
    I will post when I get the info from the contractor. Current bid just says (a) XC-15-036 3 ton 15 SEER A/C, G61MPV-90 90,000 BTU 94% efficent gas furnace with variable speed blower and CX-33-038 3-ton coil and (b) XC-15-030 2-1/2 ton 15 SEER A/C, G60UHV-070 70,000 BTU 80% efficent gas furnace with variable speed blower and CX-33-038 3-ton coil. The upstairs unit is in a closet and is horizontal (up-flow). Thank you.

I do not see a C33-38 or a CX34-38 for a 90K btuh furnace match, only 70K, so there must be a mistake.

There is no CX33, it's C33 or CX34 so you need to clarify.

ARI 3007821 gives you 15.50 SEER with a G60UHV-36B-070, a C33-38 with a TXV and a XC15, so that one works.

ARI 3007978 is the same using a CX34 so that's a match.

You also need to clarify weather horizontal or upflow, you said it's both and in a closet, so I suspect upflow!

I think he meant the one i horizontal in the attice, and the other is vertical in a closet.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

HeyBob the company that I work for is also a Dave Lennox premier dealer in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I think he meant the one i horizontal in the attice, and the other is vertical in a closet.
    I was wondering about that........

What I meant is the upstairs unit is in a narrow closet and the ductwork goes up into the attic. I thought this meant "up-flow"? Sorry for any confusion.

That is upflow.

Yep, sometimes we need thigs spelled out for us. Cause we just can't see it from our monitors.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    That is upflow.

Yep, sometimes we need thigs spelled out for us. Cause we just can't see it from our monitors.
    That's an understatement!

Still waiting to hear back from the contractor. One other question. Is the 10 year parts and labor warranty a manuacturer warranty or a contractor warranty. I think most of the equipment I am getting has a 10-year parts warranty, so I assume the extended warranty covers the other parts and labor. Is that right? Thank you.

Unless it's older stock, the G61MPV is now an Elite Series furnace with Limited Lifetime on the heat exchanger and 5 year parts out of the box.

The G61MPV has essentially been replaced by the G71 so they moved it down to a lower level. It was a Dave Lennox Signature Collection unit until sometime in mid January as I recall.

The G60UHV is a Dave Lennox Signature Collection furnace. 10 year parts warranty out of the box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12