Thread: Goodman PC024-1 Heat Kit issue

Post Likes

Goodman PC024-1 Heat Kit issue

I have a goodman pc024-1 with a hk10 (10kw) heat kit. I need to upgrade to a bigger heat kit, but according to some documentation I found, the biggest heat kit that can be used is the hk10. What can I do? I have been using space heaters during the winter, but I am about to rent my out my place and I cannot expect my tenants to use space heaters.
    Thanks.

Post Likes

install a heat pump to supplement the strip heat!

Post Likes
    How old is it.
    A heat pump with 10KW of strip heat might handle the place.
    Can you increase th insulation and stop some of the air infiltration that the 10 KW will heat the house.

Have you had a tech check to make sure that the full 10KW of heat is comming on.

Post Likes
    My place is 764 sq/ft.

Post Likes
    You must live in Fairbanks Alaska.
    Or your place is so drafty that you can't light a candle in it.
    Or all glass walls.

I don't think your 10 KW heat is working right.
    Sometimes. I find units where they didn't run a heavey enough wire. So they disconnect half the heat, or what ever they need. That could be the case with your install. Have a tech check it out.

Post Likes
    I am actually in middle Tennessee. The only thing I can think of is that I have a huge crawl space. But the a/c works fine. You are probably right about it not working correctly.

Post Likes
    Get it checked and fixed.
    Once you rent it out, you have housing codes to meet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freaksville9 View Post
    My place is 764 sq/ft.
    I could heat 764sq/ft with a MAPP torch. 10KW heater should be plenty. You have got issues somewhere. Call a technician out to find and solve the problem.

As beenthere said, you will have housing codes to meet. Best to identify problems and correct them now. Cause you know a tennant won't pick up on a problem until a weekend, evening, or holiday when labor rates are through the roof.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    I could heat 764sq/ft with a MAPP torch. 10KW heater should be plenty. You have got issues somewhere. Call a technician out to find and solve the problem.

As beenthere said, you will have housing codes to meet. Best to identify problems and correct them now. Cause you know a tennant won't pick up on a problem until a weekend, evening, or holiday when labor rates are through the roof.
    I was going to respond earlier but we had company coming over.
    My thoughts were it could be heated with 2 kids and a refrigerator running.
    Anyways that doesn't help. Either the unit is not operating correctly or the duct system is leaky or improperly installed. Or something is seriously wrong with the house. Or the house is not 764sq/ft.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ISOTHERMAL View Post
    I was going to respond earlier but we had company coming over.
    My thoughts were it could be heated with 2 kids and a refrigerator running.
    Anyways that doesn't help. Either the unit is not operating correctly or the duct system is leaky or improperly installed. Or something is seriously wrong with the house. Or the house is not 764sq/ft.
    LMAO.....

and the refrigerator he says......

Maybe I could let them rent the one I just picked up this weekend. For a minor fee.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in