Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sounds like the fan motor. Leave your unit turned down and running all day and ask your tech to come by late in the afternoon to check your unit. Intermittent problems can be challenging, your observations will help. Condensor fan motor or capacitor.

How about the possibility of a bad float switch ( or even water ) in the secondary pan ????

Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    How about the possibility of a bad float switch ( or even water ) in the secondary pan ????
    Yes. But there could be a number of other reasons. We're not there,we don't know what it is ,and neither does the man that's there.

I would look for dead and fried ants around the contactor. I know here in Ga that is a serious issue this time of yr. I get at least 5 calls a week because of ants. Maybe some of us are over analyzing this, i know its hard because none of us have actually looked at the system but i learned the kiss method. Keep It Simple Stupid! once i figured out how to do that it made things a hell of a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RLEE2344 View Post
    I would look for dead and fried ants around the contactor.
    That subject came up a couple of weeks ago. I think it went on for 10 or 12 pages. Hope it won't in this thread.

Dangling - can you advise where that thread is posted? I have searched for it and have come up empty. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, B

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaTX View Post
    Dangling - can you advise where that thread is posted? I have searched for it and have come up empty. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, B
    I wouldn't worry about it if that were the case that should have been the very first thing he noticed.

i would suspect the condensor fan motor is getting hot and shutting off also the problem should be resolved soon before the compressor breaks

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaTX View Post
    That was something I tried really hard to forget. Folks, it wasn't a pretty sight. I don't think ants are the problem here. I wish I could remember the thread name. Can any of you guys remember what thread it was? I do remember the ladys name was Marge, if that's any help.

OH, that thread.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

She got banned.

But the thread is called ants.

It was an easy search to do.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....highlight=ants
    Contractor locator map

Thank you for the link. I did a search on 'Marge' as well and read a few of the posts - too many to read, but I did get the jist of her situation (and the interesting banter that followed - what a mess ). Fortunately, I do not have ant/insect problems.

You all have given me so much information and things to look for - I can't thank you enough.

I have a side business. I sell ants, would you like to buy some.

J/K
    Contractor locator map

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast