smell from window unit

Greetings - 2 year member, work in condos-chillers, boilers, pumps, etc - have a buddy with a window unit that cycles ok, then the temp displayed on lcd goes up to around 85-88f, the unit gets quite hot, cycles off an while the blower stays on emits a rotten egg/mold smell - havent pulled it yet to check charge/sh-sc, etc - doing it tomorrow - just wondering if there were any ideas - Im pretty its leaking although its a year old. Its more the smell thats curious.

is this a heat pump system???

you need to get your post count to 15 and apply pro if thats what you are....

We can't help you in open forum
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Stop cooking eggs on the condenser.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

compatible units

Had a Trane 2TWR2-IN-1B (XR 11)installed less than 3 years ago. System stopped cooling about 1 month ago. I suspected something was wrong this winter (very cold house, little heat). My installer added 22lbs of refrigerant, then installed a TWR030 Expansion valve. Stilll didn't work. Then he said he found a leak in the coil in the Air handler. He replaced air handler with a York single piece non variable AHP. Still didn't work. Now he wants to replace the coil assembly and 3 way switching assembly in the Trane. My questions: Are these 2 systems compatible? Will I have problems later with these 2 different systems? Did he break the components in the Trane? Need to understand what is going on here.

No, they are not compatible. It will heat and cool though. How ell, is anybodies guess.
    If he installed a Trane outdoor unit 3 years ago. Why did he install a York air handler now. Makes no sense.
    Apparently, your installer, is not a service tech and is guessing wildly.
    Get a real service tech out. It might save you a lot of money, and get you A/C again before next summer.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?