Dear Lord, is it that bad?

Is the economy so far into the toilet that there is no hope?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080705/D91NUQ080.html

An absurd article, IMHO. But taking advantage of the situation, is it really that bad? I ain't seeing it, my electric bill was about 80 bucks, gas bill paid by trip-charges, no gardening this year to be more mobile. Anyone suffering? I used to have a dick for a boss, and I would have been eating grass if I still worked for him now, but that is a personal problem. I can take 4$ a gallon and more, although it bites.

Why tie it to iraq in the article? That is a seperate issue. Politically motivated article.

Its doom and gloom by everyone becuase they have to pay more for :gasoline,food,even the suppluy houses are tacking there extra expense.
    I was told by experts the gasoline has "not" kept up with inflation ,look at the past yrs ,back into the 70's-80's and 90's , now it is there with a common denoninator, Its inflation.
    We had it made for so long, we rested on our laurels of Big contry , now "all copper" being reclyacle is going ?
    take a wild quess?
    They even making appliances by the name Heir. Where are they from ?
    We have displaced ourselves out of the Labor market!
    We are at the highest paying Jobs ever!
    Its a realingment time for Us here into this U.S.A.
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

Matt 6:34 "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.
    With that said , i rest my case.
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

That was about the worst article I ever read. I am just not seeing the problem it is alluding to. I certainly understand *some* people will have a problem, especially with the gas bill if they have a long commute. I know some folks got bitten by bad [adjustable rate] home loans. But the job market is okay and I thing almost everyone has adjusted their personal driving habits to save money. I recently hired 2 different helpers and they both wanted gas money, I had no problem with that but i just doubt it would have been an issue a few years ago. Seems to me most everyone is taking things well.... making adjustments as needed.

Some article, they interveiwed a 16 year old on national economy then threw in a woman crying over strawberries!

Maybe I am just lucky, locally speaking, things seem pretty much the same here as it always was. [dallas area]