Son in Law lost his job

Son in Law lost his job

Fella got an email on the 4th,"your fired". Continental Airlines....wife pregnant 1 month. Gonna be tough
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

I saw a good job the other day in a Bus terminal . Pays 40.00 an hour . Picking fleas off the greyhounds

What does he do for them, the airlines are being hit very hard right now.

Was he fired or laid off, there is a big difference.

If he got an email stating he is fired, there is more to this story then we are being told. If he was fired, Continental believes he did something wrong. If he was laid off, he can collect unemployment while he finds another job.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I was an aircraft mechanic and worked at lockheed got tired of being laid off all the time. Now I am an A/C tech and wish that I could get laid off at least for a week 12-16 hour days are gettin to me
    "Do not let what you can't do interfere with what you can do"

"Do what you can do the best that it can be done and no one will ever know what you can't do"

Why would a company with a human resources department "fire" someone via email? Sounds kinda weird. You would think they should/would do it in person with an exit interview.

Strange, never heard of someone getting fired by email except on April 1st.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Why would a company with a human resources department "fire" someone via email? Sounds kinda weird. You would think they should/would do it in person with an exit interview.
    I agree what's up with that never been fired via e- mail.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

He is a pilot on those express jets. The first asked him to move to England, at his expense, fly from there for a year then come back to Houston and his job would be there. He of course could not afford to do that so he just continued to fly here. On the 4th they sent a text to his phone stating in 30 days he would be fired. Pilots must have a special satalite phone for communications reasons. So the message showed up as a email on his phone. He did nothing wrong, graduated top in his class in flight school and has been well liked at Continental. Just the luck of the economic draw.

Major bummer on the delivery process though
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    If he got an email stating he is fired, there is more to this story then we are being told. If he was fired, Continental believes he did something wrong. If he was laid off, he can collect unemployment while he finds another job.
    I believe thats why they do that so he can get some unemployment compensation. Pretty strange way to operate but when you have that many employees, who knows.