I'd hate to keep harping about water

i'm an AC tech and i knew this summer i would spend a fortune in bottled water (which is now 3 bucks for the larger size), i'm currently drinking about 3 litres per day when i work.

i used to drink Arrowhead and Aquafina, which i avoided because Aquafina is owned by a cola company.
    i thought the arrowhead water was pretty good.

i bought a simple reverse osmosis system on Ebay for $150, my plan was only to save myself some money.

i usd to think i didn't like to drink water by itself,
    i would drink water then have a cola chaser, or something.

what i found out was, my body was telling me to spit that water out.

now that i've had the reverse osmosis system for a few months, i am now fully convinced the rumors were true,
    bottled water they sell in stores is nothing more then unfiltered, chilled, tap water.

i didn't realize the difference until i went back to the store and bought bottled water, i didn't even want to finish it.

our government is freaking crazy.
    in certain areas like mine they are now recycling SEWAGE and feeding it to us as drinking water.
    although they claim it is 100% safe , THEIR OWN REPORTS say they are finding pharmaceuticals in the water.
    there's only one way pharmaceuticals can get into drinking water.

for 150 bucks, (or more for an even better system), i believe a reverse osmosis system should be in every home.

(yes, reverse osmosis uses a lot of water.
    1 i don't trust their sewage to tap program
    2 i'm not going to drink poison in the name of water conservation
    3 with water purification i would prefer to have a flushing system, if you pour 100% of water into a filter and expect the filter to catch everything, i believe that is wishfull thinking)

i think reverse osmosis is the best purchase i ever made.

I'll be happy to just be able to buy ''certified poop-free salsa'' someday. Algae was the biggest problem I ever had with water, in wichita-falls it became un-drinkable, but that samonella-poopy-vegetables will kill.

Fluoride has done people a great amount of harm. Most take for granted their water.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

I drink mine outta the tap and my pipes aren't rusty yet.

Of course the best way to serve it is with hops and barley

I used to install water softeners and reverse osmosis systems for about 5 years. After having both I cant live without it and yes you can tell the difference with bottled water.

Heres an interesting bit from Penn and Teller about bottled water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc

Yeah. Tap water. An evil entity. Caused my hair to turn gray, created wrinkles in my face, raised the electric bill, made the 11 year old taller, my grandkids older, and rain to fall right after I wash the car.

Di-hydrogen monoxide has got to go.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

It's a killer even in it's most basic form with no additives....

Don't try drinking it straight from the sky either--I hear it's got acid in it.

I'll continue the hops and barley tradition. As long as ole InBev doesn't take over my brewer of choice. Kind of brings home the whole 'dollar devaluation' situation when a foreign brewer conglomerate can try to take Anheuser Busch right out from under America.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Beer is great but with the hot weather Mike's Lemonade sure tastes good to quinch the thirst provided you don't have a "super copt" watching you at a ball game while your kid sneaks a sip while you were not looking and big brother tries to destroy your family over it.
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...804280375/1081
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Beer is great but with the hot weather Mike's Lemonade sure tastes good to quinch the thirst provided you don't have a "super copt" watching you at a ball game while your kid sneaks a sip while you were not looking and big brother tries to destroy your family over it.
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080428/COL04/804280375/
    May have to try that stuff.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

lol, aquafina is pepsi without the syrup, and costs more than pepsi

our tap water is RO

it eats copper hot water lines for breakfast

you should see the water they have in Vegas.
    leaking water from swamp coolers create a thick yellow scale.
    doesn't seem it leaks too much to start doing that either.

one time i was in Arizona and i ran the sink water, it created white marks were the water ran

Quote Originally Posted by Carnak View Post
    lol, aquafina is pepsi without the syrup, and costs more than pepsi

our tap water is RO

it eats copper hot water lines for breakfast
    when I worked for Pepsi I went over to the bottling line for Aquafina and I can tell you it's bottled with a HUGE R.O. system. Very cool, the size of it all. You're right about the price though, It cost more for bottled water than beer! P.T. Barnum was right.