Moving my AC unit from one side of the house to the other
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moving my AC unit from one side of the house to the other

We would like to move the AC unit from one side of our house to the other. Is this possible? And if so, about how much would it cost?

Yes it is possible. The cost would depend on a number of factors. How accessible is the tubing? How long would the run be? What route will the tubing take? Call someone locally and have them price for you. There isn't a standard cost.

Please read the rules, no pricing questions, Thank you.

But, it is not cheap. Redo line set. Run new electrical feed. etc.

Plus, if it increases teh length of the line set, you could lose some capacity.

Call some local contractors and they will tell you how much it will cost.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

there's alot of variables when re-locating a condenser just like the replies have said hard to price without looking at the job. depending on the condition of the unit and the age of it, you might want to look at replacing it. i've relocated units that have cost as much as half the cost of a new unit. call a reputable company to come out and look at the job
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

yes it can be moved
    pricing is not alowed Please read the rules/

it will cost what it costs

Anything can be done given you have the $$$. Not sure of labor costs in your area. But the materials alone will probably be close to a grand. (Copper, wire for low voltage and high voltage, armaflex, solder, fittings, etc...) You get the idea I hope, add some labor and it isn't going to be for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    Anything can be done given you have the $$$. Not sure of labor costs in your area. But the materials alone will probably be close to a grand. (Copper, wire for low voltage and high voltage, armaflex, solder, fittings, etc...) You get the idea I hope, add some labor and it isn't going to be for $100.
    500 posts and you still don't follow the rules! NO PRICING BUDDY EDIT THIS GUYS POST PLEASE MODS.

Quote Originally Posted by local 832s View Post
    500 posts and you still don't follow the rules! NO PRICING BUDDY EDIT THIS GUYS POST PLEASE MODS.
    Get over it. There is no pricing here. I am stating materials will cost close to a grand. What is the secret there? All the guy has to do is go to Home Depot and buy a tape measure to measure how much of the materials he will need then walk over three aisles and price copper and armaflex and wire. It is no great secret the cost of these materials and the prices are the same as most supply houses now. I can go online and get pricing right here in 10 minutes. I also stated that who knows what the labor costs will be in his area. Surely not $100. I guess not costing $100 is a big secret as well. Use some judgment before you speak.

Do I sense a bit of hostility????

OP, its gonna cost a good bit. Don't bet on it being cheap unless its not done properly.

Just curious though, why do you want to move it?
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

he wants to paint the slab??

just kidding OP..nothing personal!
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Sounds like bmathews is being hostile. Could be grounds for getting banned.

Quote Originally Posted by troyorr View Post
    Sounds like bmathews is being hostile. Could be grounds for getting banned.
    I'm not getting hostile at all. If that was viewed as hostility, you are very thin skinned. I read many more posts of a far harsher nature on here. I'm simply pointing out the obvious. Giving them an idea of what materials will cost so that he can have a basis of what a realistic expectation of what it may cost will help him and whomever he calls out save a lot of wasted time. Too many times, I have gotten called out for something like this and they think that it can be done for around $200, because they had an unrealistic expectation of what materials cost as well as what our time was worth and how long it will take to accomplish something like this. Let the guy be informed and it might save somebody such as yourself or any number of other guys on here a lot of wasted time.

No, let's not. Let's not even discuss what you think it should cost. You have no idea what contractors in his market charge for things.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast