Thread: YK overhaul

Post Likes

YK overhaul

Got one that is locked up and want to replace the gasket on the discharge flange going into the condenser while the unit is down. Found a leak there earlier in the year.
    Never had to float the casing on one of these and wanted to know if you York types dowel this section and if so, is there a bulletin on it?
    Chiller Mod# YKNBMCHO-CPC

Compressor YDHA 46DD

Also, is 160.49 M1 the latest and greatest overhaul instruction on these units?

Thanks in advance,

r404a

Post Likes
    just a honest question, whaddya mean locked up? actually seized? if so, what happened & how bad ($$$) is it?

Post Likes
    Heavy,
    This unit had a history of going out on "Proximity" fault. A facilities tech onsite had a copy of the recal procedure and kept reseting. Going on for a while. Thing lit off and out on curent overload almost immediately and barely can move the shaft even with a large pipe wrench.

r404a

Post Likes
    LOL, stupid move on their part. Cha-ching.
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    ya gotta love on-site maintenance.
    you're gonna have to post pics of the scrap aluminum!

Post Likes
    BUT, they were ''saving'' money on a service call. ROFLMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by r404a View Post
    Heavy,
    This unit had a history of going out on "Proximity" fault. A facilities tech onsite had a copy of the recal procedure and kept reseting. Going on for a while. Thing lit off and out on curent overload almost immediately and barely can move the shaft even with a large pipe wrench.

r404a
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    Right...I had a bad feeling when onsite tech met me out there to give me the scoop. Abs, thanks again for the info.

r404a

Post Likes
    dear

apart from york where do you thing that i can find another source for compressor(YDHA-90DD)

I do know that is verry dificult but we are facing problems with york medle east

Post Likes
    r404a the IOM 160.49.M1(1292) old 160.49,M1(601) new for the compressor rebuild. I will send you some other IOM's that are related to your Chiller good luck.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    If you float the assembly to change the discarge gasket no need to pin unit remove bolts and free up scroll spin out of way to clean , reinstall back together. sent all info. for this Chiller check your e-mail.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in