+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laid Off!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Unhappy Laid Off!!!!!

I just got laid off yesterday. No warning whatsoever at all. Another person I work with also got laid off.. Foreman said that the company was downsizing. Since, we were the last people hired, we were the first ones to be let go. I am very depressed. I am looking at all the usual suspects - HVAC Agent, MEP Jobs, CAL Jobs, Craigslist and Monster. I feel so deflated. I actually cancelled everything I had planned for the 4th of July. Now, I know what everyone will say......"there is a light at the end of the tunnel." or "cheer up, things will get better." I know today was a holiday, but I must've faxed or emailed my resume to about 2 dozen companies here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Man, I need help BAD! I need job leads. Seems that most of the company that I got in touched with were also on a hiring freeze due to higher fuel prices. I'm sorry if I got anybody down with this post. ANY AND ALL HELP WILL GREATLY BE APPRECIATED. My particulars are in my profile.

Post Likes

Don't worry Be Happy

Life has its ups and downs. Were you pulling your weight, the guys that try and carry the weight when it comes to lay offs I will give some notice. The others I would not let them know till days over. They might hurt them selfs or screw something up on the job. Chalk this up as history and don't look back.
    Do it right the first time.

Post Likes
    i think somebody need's a hug, try the ol' yellow pages and call each hvac company listed in your area i will bet you will get a few interveiws from it , if you are a good tech.jobs are like waiting at for a bus if you loose one another is around the corner. goodluck and keep your head up...

Post Likes
    I got axed Monday morning. , R I F with a big OEM. In my case, it seems to be bad news, good news, bad news. . . with just a phone call I had an interview that turned into a offer. . . the same day this site had a posting, it turned into an offer over the phone!. . . a local contractor had an ad, did an interview, got a third offer, . . . All these were for about the same money, but one is a 15% raise from my former position. . . . did an app at a hospital, waiting to hear. . . called up a guy I worked with over three years ago, he's looking for help, too! . . . I have sent apps over the transom to the OEM's competitors in other states, wonder what they might say! Oh, live near San Antonio, TX, little different climate, economically and climatically.

bad - got axed,
    good - got choices,
    bad -have to decide!!

Stay tuned to this site. . . seems something always turns up for ye olde techs lurking here.
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Post Likes

Red face Laid Off

sorry to here that but the world recession is biting her in the uk as welll fuel costs !

1 us gallon = 3.785 litres

£1 pound = 1.9823 $

£1.33 = 2.6365 $ a litre

so a us gallon of diesal is 9.97 $ in the uk we are all protesting about it a lot of european countries are taking our work because we cannot afford to compete so unemployment is going up here to !

filled my citroen van up cost $ 186.1973 that lasts a week or so many companies are cutting back but using local sub contractors

could you set your self up and approach the bigger boys around to get work ??

good luck
    There is faith, there is hope and then there is another compressor change

Post Likes
    One of my friends, is a diesel mechanic, and has just been laid off. High fuel costs have cut down on the number of deliveries, thus less wear and tear to repair. Trucking companies are really feeling the pinch and that has a domino effect.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Post Likes
    We had one close here about a month ago with 1500 employees and over 1000 rigs. They just told everyone today is your last day, you no longer have insurance either. Reason was cost of fuel was to high to be profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    One of my friends, is a diesel mechanic, and has just been laid off. High fuel costs have cut down on the number of deliveries, thus less wear and tear to repair. Trucking companies are really feeling the pinch and that has a domino effect.
    To much work with too little time!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in