Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    call for service could be clogged inside coil and also if the have not been serviced this year they should be

One other thing.
    Is that an N coil?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    One other thing.
    Is that an N coil?
    All I know is that it is a Bryant; how can I tell if it is an N coil?

Post the model number.
    Contractor locator map

Post the model number.
    Bryant model# CNPHP3617ATAAAAA

Thats an N coil.
    And if its installed that the right hand side has to have a block off plate, it tends to freeze.
    Contractor locator map

Thats an N coil.
    And if its installed that the right hand side has to have a block off plate, it tends to freeze.
    In terms of action to take should I still cap the vents or is there any other action I should take?

dripping stopped

I capped the vent and the dripping stopped immediately!

Let me know if there are any other concerns any of you think I should explore. Everything seems great now though; thx for everyone's input.

If you end up having poor cooling performance on the hot design temp days. The coil repositioned, may help.
    Contractor locator map

If you end up having poor cooling performance on the hot design temp days. The coil repositioned, may help.
    THx for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by fflan513 View Post
    I capped the vent and the dripping stopped immediately!

Let me know if there are any other concerns any of you think I should explore. Everything seems great now though; thx for everyone's input.

stopped immediatly isnt imo a good thing. This teels me there may be two problems here
    1= the drains are reversed like you thought at first and time to calll and have them checked

2= turbulents caused by high static is holding water in the tray. I have found on positive pressure coils if the static is high and there is a trap with no vent the turbulants can cause the air the hit the trp and then back up and hold the water in the tray till the unit turns off or it over flows

leave the unit on for a while then go pull the cap and look in the pipe if you see water suddenly gush out you need to leave the cap off and get some help from a tech. Alao he can trace the lines and make sure they are correctly ran. The fix for the static is a completely differant repair

a temp is to remove the trap or leave the vent

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    stopped immediatly isnt imo a good thing. This teels me there may be two problems here
    1= the drains are reversed like you thought at first and time to calll and have them checked

2= turbulents caused by high static is holding water in the tray. I have found on positive pressure coils if the static is high and there is a trap with no vent the turbulants can cause the air the hit the trp and then back up and hold the water in the tray till the unit turns off or it over flows

leave the unit on for a while then go pull the cap and look in the pipe if you see water suddenly gush out you need to leave the cap off and get some help from a tech. Alao he can trace the lines and make sure they are correctly ran. The fix for the static is a completely differant repair

a temp is to remove the trap or leave the vent
    I left the cap on for approx. 4 hours with the unit running, pulled it off and no water gushed out, just some cool air. I re-capped it but will pay attention to the situation with your advice in mind. BTW the drain tray is dry. Thx tinknocker service tech

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12