Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    exactly thermal. Tell your kids not to play around the A/C unit. 24" is fine.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by Clorox View Post
    Kids will run back there, plenty of room.
    closer to the house makes for a better hiding spot for the kids when they play hide and seek

16 in min per code here now a day's. 24 is a lot better.

I really feel for the contractor in this situation.

In my mind, I can see the homeowner has gone low ball. Purchased the cheapest equipment Trane makes and probably went with the lowest bid to do the work.

Made all there decisions by himself without doing his research and now that the job is finished, he wants to find problems and issues with the job. Well thats just wrong.

You get what you paid for. You bought the cheapest units. Did not discuss the entirety of the job with the installing contractor and now you want to find problems and issues.

As far as the panel your looking for, its a waste of time. You want everything to look like the XR model, you shoulda bought the XR model. You want it tucked right in close to the house, then I bet your going to complain when the system efficiency is drastically reduced due to less airflow and less cleaning.

As others have said, it is extremely difficult to clean a condenser that is less than 18 inches from the wall. Especially Trane with the spine fin coils. Trane coils take more time and care to clean. Now I bet you want a 250lb man to crawl in behind the unit only 12 inches from a wall and clean the coil in 100+ degree weather. Good luck with that. Aint gonna happen.

Clorox, you should have thought of all of these things before making the purchase. It is too late now to try to get things changed. You may get lucky and the contractor may help you out with some things, but I'm willing to bet hes already labeled you as a PITA customer. So therefore, the contractor will not be as willing to satisfy your ever need. You need to calm down and not burn your bridges.

Post some pictures of the install. That way we can see why you want to complain so much.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12