Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks to all - This was second system installed by the same company. It has not gone well. The first system and it's install was flawless. This attic install has been a nightmare. And as you have pointed out - not for equipment issues.

The new system included an upgrade from 2.5 ton to 3 ton capacity in hope to achieve better airflow in the bonus room which is furtherest away from the unit and (traditionally) located over the garage. My installer suggested that I get the system up and going before making more improvements. Now I am considering enlarging the plenum and upsizing the aging flex tubes (over 20 yrs old).

Since the horizontal unit has been nothing but trouble should I consider changing the setup to a vertical orientation when I have the flex changed out? There is plenty of overhead space in the attic.

Additionally I have located the documentation left for the system but find only a user's information guide for the Clean Air Effects. I'll go looking for an on-line source for the installation instructions but would appreciate anyone posting this who may already know the online link.

Thanks once again to all.

Quote Originally Posted by martlet View Post
    Thanks to all - This was second system installed by the same company. It has not gone well. The first system and it's install was flawless. This attic install has been a nightmare. And as you have pointed out - not for equipment issues.

The new system included an upgrade from 2.5 ton to 3 ton capacity in hope to achieve better airflow in the bonus room which is furtherest away from the unit and (traditionally) located over the garage. My installer suggested that I get the system up and going before making more improvements. Now I am considering enlarging the plenum and upsizing the aging flex tubes (over 20 yrs old).

Since the horizontal unit has been nothing but trouble should I consider changing the setup to a vertical orientation when I have the flex changed out? There is plenty of overhead space in the attic.

Additionally I have located the documentation left for the system but find only a user's information guide for the Clean Air Effects. I'll go looking for an on-line source for the installation instructions but would appreciate anyone posting this who may already know the online link.

Thanks once again to all.
    Shouldn't matter if it's up flow or horizontal. If it's designed correctly.

Thanks to all for the answers. As this was an installation error, having the information printed and ready for the tech made all the difference in getting the problem (after one year and after many visits) finally fixed correctly.

Still waiting on the foam block supports but have been assured these are on the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12