Lightbulb job for a g3 in toronto?

well currently i am 2 classes away from attaining my g3 cert. top marks in my class. and i need a way to get into the field.

i will have completed my g3, residential refrigeration 1, and hvac electricity and controls classes at George brown.

as for job experience, i have a little bit of field exp from when i did my co-op with the toronto catholic school board trade facilities.

well other then that i love learning and would be a great asset to any company, and im 19 so i have many years of work ahead of me.

so if anyone knows of anyway that i can get into the field, it would be much appreciated.

i called the local 787 and they said it could be months before they would be able to locate me a job.

the school will tell you a G3 will get you any where, in reality a G3 and $1.49 will get you a coffee at timmies

With your G3 and other courses, i would look in phone book, find all the resi companies, take (not send) them your resume in person, gotta be resi company looking for install labour

Quote Originally Posted by shaun66 View Post
    the school will tell you a G3 will get you any where, in reality a G3 and $1.49 will get you a coffee at timmies

With your G3 and other courses, i would look in phone book, find all the resi companies, take (not send) them your resume in person, gotta be resi company looking for install labour
    well, under the tssa g3s can clean and re-fire up units over 400,000 btu, under general supervision, meaning a cell phone. while g2s need to be under direct supervision to work on units over 400,000btu, and my school does not provide assitance to find employment unfortunately. but im also a registered resi refrigeration apprentice
    Last edited by josephjn; 07-06-2008 at 04:53 PM.

I think you mean under 400,000 btu. Where did you obtain your residential refrigeration?

no under the b149, a g3 can restart units over 400,000 btu under general supervision meaning a cell phone. while g2s need to be under direct supervison. that is why the toronto district school board. hires g3s to clean and test thier boilers during the summer.

i have my resi refrigeration from george brown it was a fundamentals coarse really. and i have completed a few hundred hours at the toronto catholic school board when i had my co-op with them