Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b1uxzj92 View Post
    I fixed this by hooking up Y2 with a jumper wire.
    Why wire it right, when you can just rig up something.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

does walmart have a kit for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    i/d controls need to be set to enhanced!

This is where my totally stupid n00b questions begin. I hope you don't mind. Is that "enhanced" the "E" setting that is an option in many of the installation settings? Are there any specific settings I should look at? I have inspected all the installation settings and nothing was set to "E," if that is what you are talking about.

The lead tech is coming out next week, but I'd like to try and nail down the problem before then. I'm paying for the variable fan and I'd like to use it.

update, things seem to be operating correctly now. The fan runs at 56% with no cooling/heating. It ramps to 82% for stage 1 for 7.5minutes before going to 100% cooling.

Does the furnace control whether the heat pump is using stage 1 or stage 2 or is that controlled by the t-stat?

When is the W3 connection needed to the VisionPRO IAQ EIM?

When you have 3 stages of heat, or a multistage heat pump.

The stat controls stage control of the heat pump.

So your not using the IAQ to control the blower.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    When you have 3 stages of heat, or a multistage heat pump.

The stat controls stage control of the heat pump.

So your not using the IAQ to control the blower.
    Thanks for all your replies.

My heat pump is a 2-stage heat pump. Should there be something connected to the W3 terminal in the Honeywell EIM?

Also, I have run into some more problems. The tech doesn't seem to know what to do. I'm switched to "auto" mode because even at 56%, the constant fan setting is way too loud for me. Under auto, the A/C runs ALL NIGHT!! The VisionPRO is set to 76 degrees cooling and the outside temp has been around 71 degrees at night. It seems like the compressor is not running the whole time even though the thermostat says it is calling for cooling. Any ideas what might be wrong? The cooling doesnt seem to struggle at all during the day and seems to shut off when it reaches its set point.

On a 2 stage heat pump with aux heat, no, the aux does not connect to W3.

Could be a mis wiring. Or not condigured correctly.

The IAQ will go to second stage cool, when it determines that first stage is at 90% of its capacity.

If the stat says cooling the OD unit should be running.

Is it possible, that the sleep program setting has the fan set to on. And that by coinsidence when you checked the OD unit it wasn't running. And when you came in and checked teh stat, it just started to call for cooling.
    Contractor locator map

On a 2 stage heat pump with aux heat, no, the aux does not connect to W3.

Could be a mis wiring. Or not condigured correctly.

The IAQ will go to second stage cool, when it determines that first stage is at 90% of its capacity.

If the stat says cooling the OD unit should be running.

Is it possible, that the sleep program setting has the fan set to on. And that by coinsidence when you checked the OD unit it wasn't running. And when you came in and checked teh stat, it just started to call for cooling.
    I thought the same thing on your last comment but I checked the programming for each day separately and each time period. All of them were set to "auto." It is possible that I went to check the OD unit when the blower was either in pre-mode or post-mode, but the blower never turned off, ever. It didn't even ramp down to 56% as it should if it were in "ON" mode.

I am relieved to know that nothing should be wired to W3 on the EIM. I thought since the auxilary heat is 2-stage, it might have needed that connection.

Thanks again for your replies. It is greatly appreciated.

Ooops, my mistake. Forgot your 2 stage HP, and 2 stage gas furnace.(whats a memory)

Yes, as a rule W2, and W3 both should have wires on them to control 2 stage gas furnaces in that set up.

I didn't check if your model furnace can be controlled by a 2 stage stat though. Some Goodman/Amana units second stage can't be controlled by the stat.
    Contractor locator map

Ooops, my mistake. Forgot your 2 stage HP, and 2 stage gas furnace.(whats a memory)

Yes, as a rule W2, and W3 both should have wires on them to control 2 stage gas furnaces in that set up.

I didn't check if your model furnace can be controlled by a 2 stage stat though. Some Goodman/Amana units second stage can't be controlled by the stat.
    I think there may be merit to that comment. The manual listed a single stage thermostat for sure. I just cant remember what the 2nd diagram was for. I think it might have been a 2 stage heat pump with single stage t-stat. I'll try and check that when i go home. I do know that one of the diagrams showed the "W2" on the Amana furnace connected to the thermostat and currently my "W2" from the furnace board terminal is not connected to the EIM.

Here is a link to the manual: http://www.djsonline.com/amv8manual.pdf
    Last edited by badtlc; 07-09-2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: link....

They apparently, are using teh furnaces timer to bring on the furnaces second stage heat.

Your furnace can be controlled by a stat. Just have them correct that when they come back.

Might want to reming them to ignore teh W2, and W3 designations on the EIM, and remember, they are aux 1, and aux 2 terminals, in this application.

Some techs get hung up on the W designations.
    Contractor locator map

They apparently, are using teh furnaces timer to bring on the furnaces second stage heat.

Your furnace can be controlled by a stat. Just have them correct that when they come back.

Might want to reming them to ignore teh W2, and W3 designations on the EIM, and remember, they are aux 1, and aux 2 terminals, in this application.

Some techs get hung up on the W designations.
    Cool, thanks!

What is VisionPRO IAQ control philosophy? Does it do a swing like like older thermostats? I mean, if I set it to 77degrees (for cooling), does it start cooling at 78 degrees and turn off at 76 degrees? Or, does it just try and maintain a 77 degree temperature? It sure seems to have very short off times when it does go off.

My IAQ is set to 74 degrees and I have never seen 73 or 75 - It measure to the fraction of a degree and the temperature is a constant 74.

It is possible to tell the IAQ how often per hour it should turn the AC compressor on (CPH). I believe that setting should default to 3 for a heat pump / AC system. My house takes several hours to warm up a full degree, so the CPH on mine is set to 1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast