Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    When wired up right, it will slow the blower for you during dehumidify calls.

You don't need a dehumidifier to use teh IAQ's abilities.
    Sweet. Now this might be asking too much, but can you recommend a tech in the kansas city area that can wire that up? Mine seem to think I'm crazy.

The tech just showed up. Do you know where I can find a wiring diagram to show him how to use the blower and heat pump in a reduced CFM dehumidify mode? And how does that not freeze up the coil if the VisionPRO doesn't provide enough CFMs to keep the coil thawed?

Quote Originally Posted by badtlc View Post
    Amana gave it the OK.

I'll try the "circ" setting and see what happens. My blower will slow down to 20% on my furnace. It is 80% variable speed VFD driven fan. I wasn't sure if the the VisionPRO IAQ could control a VFD that precisely or not.

Is there any way to check and see how many stages are currently running and what speed level the fan is running at?
    NO! Amana (Goodman Manufacturing Co.) did not give any ok! There is no ARI rating on those components and it was just stupid to put any coil on that system other then the rated and approved Goodman/Amana coil.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Too low can freeze the coil.
    350 CFM per ton is safe for most installations in humid climates.
    Hell, with a vs blower, I've set systems up for less then 300 cfm per ton with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by badtlc View Post
    The tech just showed up. Do you know where I can find a wiring diagram to show him how to use the blower and heat pump in a reduced CFM dehumidify mode? And how does that not freeze up the coil if the VisionPRO doesn't provide enough CFMs to keep the coil thawed?
    Just what kind of tech do you have that doesn't know what he/she is doing?

If this doesn't workout call K B Complete.

Sorry, not from Kansas area, so can't recomend any.

The install manual for your VS will have the info he needs to use with the install info from the IAQ stat.

A common myth is that the coil will freeze if the air flow is less then 400 CFM per ton.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    NO! Amana (Goodman Manufacturing Co.) did not give any ok! There is no ARI rating on those components and it was just stupid to put any coil on that system other then the rated and approved Goodman/Amana coil.
    Amana (goodman) corp gave me the OK on the phone. They are fine with it because the designer is certified and approved by Amana. The guy is a degreed mechanical engineer. It is not like he is some hack tech working out of his basement. He prefers the Lennox coils design and has great success with them for the last 10 years. Just because it isn't ARI rated doesn't make it a poor design. It just means it hasn't been tested and certified. Do you think Amana is going to get a listing for every coil out there that does work properly? That could be a very long process.

I completely understand your better safe than sorry stance. I don't blame you at all for that.

Just what kind of tech do you have that doesn't know what he/she is doing?

Good question. I wish they'd just send the designer out.

Hell, with a vs blower, I've set systems up for less then 300 cfm per ton with no problems.

That is a bit of a relief. Currently, the Tech set 100% blower speed down to 350cfm per ton at my request due to noise of new system. It was pulling a ton of water out of the air last night. He said it should be fine but he would be uncomfortable with going any lower than that.

Now I just need to figure out why the VisionPRO IAQ makes my system run all night even in AUTO mode. It doesnt have the same problems during the heat of the day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234