Ducane 13 seer and ADP coil is it a good match??

Hi, my house just installed a Ducane 13seer air conditioner and York 91% Furnace by a contractor, but the contractor installed a ADP coil with the system ( he told me that is Ok because the coil is for 13 seer), I can't find any data to proof that the coil is a wrong one for the Ducane air conditioner! Is anyone can provid me some data that I can proof to the contractor!! thanks in advance

Ducane air model# 2AC13B60P-2A
    Advanced Distributor Products(ADP) coil model# HD16460D210B2603AP with TXV

Although I don't see that exact coil match. There are over 30 ADP coil matches to your condenser.

Are you sure you typed the coil mod number correctly.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

thank you for replay, I got that # off coil's cover ... could you provide me some links to what you just mentioned?? I'm going to have a argument with contractor tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by bestbuy View Post
    thank you for replay, I got that # off coil's cover ... could you provide me some links to what you just mentioned?? I'm going to have a argument with contractor tomorrow
    Now why would you do that without confirming that the coil isn't a match? I would simply tell him you cannot find the matchup on ARI and want the ARI reference # to confirm that it's a match. I checked the ADP HD specs, and while that exact coil is not listed as a rated match by ARI, it doesn't mean it won't work okay.

The HD18460 is a match, but I don't see the HD16460. I really can't see a big difference looking at the specs, but there may be a slight difference. I see a pressure drop difference, to be expected.

If anyone else wants to take a look: http://www.adpnow.com/irj/go/km/docs...ts/hdSpecs.pdf

thanks for the info. I wish I had more quotes before I decided, the contractor was a referral so we just trust him.. big mistake!! well i will have talk with contractor tomorrow ...

Other than the model number problem what makes you say you made a mistake.

If that is all you have seems like you are going off the deep end.

Ask your contractor for the ARI ref number.
    If he doesn't haveone, or can't provide one, then it most likely is not a match.
    Give him a chance to provide it though.
    Contractor locator map

Hi I spoke to the contractor earlier he is aware this problem, so he offer me 5 years warranty on compressor by himself !! is this coil really gonna hurt the compressor or the efficiency??? and what is the best way.. replace it??

That nice of him. He voids your factory warranty, and says he give you a personal warranty since he didn't install your system right.
    Hopefully the compresor never dies. Hopefully he's still in business if it does.

Do you have that in writing?

I'd want a matching coil. So I had a factory warranty.

Now you don't know what the efficiency is, and you don't know what teh capacity is.
    Contractor locator map