Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes that is correct. THe coil is a cased coil and fits nicely on the top of the furnace

I am feeling very frustrated now. The Bryant man came and I put down money on the 286ANA036 3 ton HP for our home. Then looking over the paperwork I found out I will only get a $30.00 refund from the electric company instead of $180.00 I was told before-- because of the seer rating. The coil they're wanting to put in is CAPVU3617A and my furnace is ZI355MAV042080FIKA. He said I will only get a seer of 13 and Electric Co. will only rebate $30.00 for that amount of seer. With the other HP I was looking at (265) he said I would have gotten the higher amount from the electric co. --even though the 286 is rated higher for seer. I don't get it-spend less money, get more back--spend more money-get less back. Is there a coil that will give me a better seer or is that it? Oh, and this coil would be fitted into the existing metal-no box.

Thas somthing you should take up with your contractor. He should know which coil matches will get you what rebates.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Beenthere,
    I tried asking him these questions and he seemed a little annoyed by them. He also told me he was "in a hurry to make the next appointment" so I guess he was here 10 min or less. I'm just trying to find the best fit for us and it's hard when my knowledge of these products is what I can find on the internet. All of you have been very helpful and I thank you for that. If anyone can suggest a coil that may work a little better, I would be grateful-otherwise it will be what it will be. The plenum measurements are 22 1/2 height, 14 1/8 wide and 20 deep. Thanks again for all of your help,,Denise

One more question for you.

Why do you want to deal with a congtractor that doesn't have time for your questions before the install.

Since after the install when he has your money, he'll have less time for you if you have problems.

If your contractor considers your questions to bothersome now. You won't be worth answering the phones for later.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Mohawk,

The contractor is right on the SEER raings.

The issue here is that you have a very good furnace that is a couple of years old. Xcel Energy is very strict about the fact that you have to replace the furnace at the same time as the AC/HP to receive the higher rebate. There is no " active" ARI rating for your furnace. The new model numbers are 355 AAv or 355CAV. the 265 HP does acheive a 14 SEER rating by itself where the 286 dopes not. You will actually be operating at a 15+ SEER but Xcel does not see it that way.

If you are looking for another contractor please email me-- it is in my profile.

I would also like ot know which contractor you are currently working with.

Sorry for the confusion and look forward to hearing from you

TJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123