Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this a good Bryant coil?

I am looking at the Bryant 286 3 ton HP unit. The coil quoted to me is a Bryant CNPVP4241A. The dealer said it is for a 4 ton unit but he likes to put in coils a little larger than is required. Is this a good coil or one that has leak problems? The owner didn't know of any ATA or ACA coils. I can't find much for info on it. Thanks.

Are you in a low humidity area.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Cool

You're missing a number, but anyway the company I work for installs these unit and I've never seen one leak... I though all those leak problems were in the past... I have seen the drain pan crack often from shipping or installers being rough with the equipment. Also if you're old system is R-22, make sure to change the copper linesets or at least have them flushed with R-11... it's worth the money. Installation/start up is where most of my problems come from, like people not brazing with 3-5 psi nitro on the system and not performing a good vacuum of 500 microns or at least close ... good luck and any other questions I'm very familiar with those units...

We live just outside of Minneapolis. Our summers can be humid 50% of the time. I don't like humidity at all. That's one reason why I'm going with a 2 stage HP. I read through some posts from this spring on this forum site and they were saying that some coils leak. I just want to make sure I'm buying product that will give me the least amount of trouble.

A smaller coil would be better for humidity control.
    If your contractor tells you that larger coils remove more moisture. Tell him toprove it by showing you the SHR of that large coil, and a smaller coil.

Ps: Does your furnace have a VS blower. If not, you won't get good humidity removal from a 2 stage.
    Contractor locator map

Thanks for the info. Yes the furnace is the Bryant 90i with vs. Is there a coil I should stay away from or are they all good now?

Supposedly the tin coated is more reliable, but may not be available in your area.
    Contractor locator map

Carrier's website says that the ArmorCoat tin-plated coil has a 10-year limited warranty. I don't see anything like this on Bryant's site, but they're really the same coils. Ask your contractor what the warranty is; it may be 10 years, which is nice to have.

Cool

Just some FYI... if you get a t-stat with a humidity control... the hum control will activate and actually slow your variable speed fan down by 12-15% depending on the model you get slow the air flow down enough to lower the temp. on your coil thus dehumidify more quickly... very nice feature if you ever have a lot of humidity...

Cool

Can't remember what the model number is, but a 410A coil from York seems to have a decent amount of leaks... about 5% of the ones we've installed...

Thanks for the info. I'll ask for the coil with tin plating and sized for the 3 ton unit for maximum humidity control. Hopefully it will have the 10 year warranty. Denise

Quote Originally Posted by dj3901783 View Post
    Can't remember what the model number is, but a 410A coil from York seems to have a decent amount of leaks... about 5% of the ones we've installed...
    And that has what to do with his Bryant question?
    Contractor locator map

Cool

damn Beenthere... I know you've been there, but please don't go there... isn't any information good to have in case he's not getting that Bryant... if I remember correctly he hasn't made a purchase yet, maybe a friend of his is thinking about a York product...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast