Thread: Replacing service vavles

Post Likes

Confused Replacing service vavles

Hi!

I just got a call about two lenox airconditoning units linesets was stolen today. So when I got there the theives had ruined both liquid and suction service valves. My question is it worth my time repalcing the service valves or confince the owner to just by 2 new units. The units are 10 seer I explain to the owner that I would have to change the a-coil because the new units would be a 13 seer. Well the owner is complaining about the price of replacement and just want the service valves replace. Should I do the job? or just walk away?

Post Likes
    First rule in business...the customer is always right. State your position, your concerns....then do what the customer wants. It's not your call.

Post Likes
    What's the purpose of throwing a temper tantrum because he doesn't want to do what you want him too? Maybe he doesn't have the money for new condensers and/or coils. If you don't do it, somebody will. It's really no big deal to do it. By the time you sell him 4 valves, a jug of freon by the time you're done and the time to vacuum them down and add filter driers it should be a pretty good take.

Post Likes
    If the home owner want them fixed, why not? I'm surprised that the condensers were still there, around here they take copper gutters right off the house. While the neighbors watch.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBound View Post
    First rule in business...the customer is always right. State your position, your concerns....then do what the customer wants. It's not your call.
    I don't agree--but, "the customer is the customer-- the customer my not be right buttttt--the customer is the customer."

As far as replacing the valves. Do it! As stated earlier -there is good $$ there. Plus the costumer is already pissed off out someone stealing his linesets. Now he may be feeling your taking advanage of the situation.

Post Likes
    Braze them back up with out the service valves, that will really confuse the next tech., I'm kidding don't really do that, instead try to get Lennox to warranty them!LOL

Post Likes

Thanks!!

Thanks for all of your replys I'm just going to replace the valves just as I've plan.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 41 View Post
    Braze them back up with out the service valves, that will really confuse the next tech., I'm kidding don't really do that, instead try to get Lennox to warranty them!LOL
    I just might do that!!! LOL!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark207 View Post
    I don't agree--but, "the customer is the customer-- the customer my not be right buttttt--the customer is the customer."

As far as replacing the valves. Do it! As stated earlier -there is good $$ there. Plus the costumer is already pissed off out someone stealing his linesets. Now he may be feeling your taking advanage of the situation.
    Thanks for your imput and I'm with you about customers!

Post Likes
    Thanks you answered my question

Post Likes
    How much is the insurance company paying towards the stolen units?

Post Likes
    why didn't they take the condensors?

Post Likes
    I don't know? All I know is they left the condensers. Mybe they were intereasted in the copper linesets only.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by troyorr View Post
    How much is the insurance company paying towards the stolen units?
    I'ts a church and I don't know how much the insurance is paying. They are just getting quotes from differant companys.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cook42 View Post
    I'ts a church and I don't know how much the insurance is paying. They are just getting quotes from differant companys.
    A church?

I hope the thieves burn for eternity, and then some.

Post Likes

Frown

We are having the same problem here in southern Virginia. They stealing the condenser for the copper.

Post Likes
    To the customer state your opinion and concern.If they say fix it then do the best job possible and when something else breaks or time to replace it you will be the first they call.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cook42 View Post
    Hi!

I just got a call about two lenox airconditoning units linesets was stolen today. So when I got there the theives had ruined both liquid and suction service valves. My question is it worth my time repalcing the service valves or confince the owner to just by 2 new units. The units are 10 seer I explain to the owner that I would have to change the a-coil because the new units would be a 13 seer. Well the owner is complaining about the price of replacement and just want the service valves replace. Should I do the job? or just walk away?

AS as customer...

Do what the customer asks. You did your job, telling the customer his options. If a customer goes against your oppinion, they weighed their oppinion against yours. Your issue should be documentation. Write your recomendations and the real problem on your work order, or whatever you HVAC people call it. CYA.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in