Thread: What modern thermostat has the features of the old Lennox Signature Stat?

Post Likes

What modern thermostat has the features of the old Lennox Signature Stat?

My newly installed system came with a Honeywell FocusPro 6000 stat. For the last 12 years or so, I've controlled my system with a Lennox Signature Stat, which has been mostly terrific, but froze several times in recent years, so I figured I'd be best off letting the installers switch it out for the Honeywell.

It's just been a few hours, but I'm already really missing the info and control of the old Signature Stat - displaying indoor humidity and outdoor temps, but most importantly, the Honeywell doesn't seem to allow for any kind of specifying parameters for Auxiliary Heat, which is important for me, or even provide options for humidification (I don't currently have a humidifier, but I may add one soon).

What are some of the better thermostats out there today that would allow for these types of functions? Neither my air handler or heat pump are communicating devices (I've got the CBX27 and XP14), so the iComfort would be overkill, if it would even work with this system. Could I get some advice as to which other modern stats I should be looking at?

Post Likes
    Another thing that Signature Stat had that the Honeywell's lacking - the ability to display precise temps - for example, 20.7 as opposed to a rounded off number.

Post Likes
    Honeywell Prestige 2.0 has the features you're looking for and more! However it does not display degree decimals. Do you really need it to differentiate between 70.2 and 70.6?
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    I've never seen a thermostat display the temperature with a decimal point after it. Most Honeywell t-stats are the exact opposite of that concept. They will often let the temperature fluctuate up and down slightly but the temperature on the display wont move (therefore making it look like it's maintaining temperature better than it actually is).

Many of the higher end thermostats can display humidity and control humidifiers, and many of them have the option of hooking up a remote sensor for outside temperature, or pulling that information from the internet.

Here's one that I'm familiar with that I think can do all of the things you want (except for the decimal point thing)... http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/P...onPRO+8000.htm

Post Likes
    The pro8000 is what I'd go with. Stay clear of Emerson/white-Rogers stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    give it some time for it (and you) to adjust.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Post Likes
    Thanks, everyone. I think I'm going to go for a Prestige (though I would have preferred to avoid a RedLink setup if possible). The Pro8000 looks like a great stat as well, but I figure if I'm going to get a touch screen device, I might as well go for one with a colour display.

I can definitely be ok with getting a state without the decimal point temp displays. I'd just assumed it wasn't such an uncommon thing after living with the SignatureStat for so many years and becoming used to it.

For me, the biggest must-haves are humidity readings, outdoor temperature sensor and the ability to specify parameters for when aux heat kicks in.

It sounds like the prestige 2.0 would check off the boxes that matter.

Thanks a bunch for your guidance, everyone!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in