Thread: trane condenser 911

Post Likes

trane condenser 911

we installes a 13 seer 3 tonn last week got a call today and wont work. went out put gages on and suction at 30 psi. check everything txv linset all okay. cut out suction line and nothing through the service valve. valve is open and nothing. replace unit same thing im on unit 4 today, service valves will open before vacuming but never after. what the heck is going on ? another wierd part is gages will not equalise ever. i tryed 2 gauge sets to be sure. when i m evacing everythig goes normal untill the microns get to about 1000 then i hear a pop then they plummet really fast as if you just had a micron gauge on and your hose valves shut. im not the only guy who had this issue today the wholsalers had a few pissed off tecks. all units were r22 3 were 13 seer 3 tonn one was a 15 seer 3 tonn and the coil is a txv. replaces txv once please tell me im missing something simple

Post Likes
    have you pressurized the system with nitrogen yet?
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Post Likes
    i have put 200 psi in and no leaks....when i did it though i only had the liquid side gage open

Post Likes
    bro that is a weird one.......maybe someone else has had the same prob and can help. i'm stumped.
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Post Likes
    when i look at the suction service valve i can see the stem is fully up im wondering is the a new rubber washer that goes in between the brass stem and seat? a ny ideas were all listening please help. i have never heard of this before and never had it happen to me. there are no issues with the 410's but they have a 1/4 turn service valve not the older allen style

Post Likes
    It worked for a week and then quit? Ask in the pro forum.

Post Likes
    Are you saying that it is a new unit and you have opened the service valves during vacuum? Or the valves on your gauges? Maybe they were piped wrong at in Tyler, Texas....weird.

Post Likes
    no i didnot open service valves during testing. when i cut the lineset out and looked down the suction line and seen the valve was open all of the way. trying texas but everyone is on a freaking holiday

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in