Thread: Trane experts...

Post Likes

Trane experts...

The XB13 (R410a) comes minus the bottom service panel cover where the set line plugs in.

The XR does have the panel cover.

Does anybody know if they make a bottom panel cover for the XB?

Will an XR bottom panel cover fit?

Color for the XB is slate gray?

Post Likes

Cool

I thought those units were almost identical. That panel almost has to fit... they make that same cabinet for sooo many trane units...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dj3901783 View Post
    I thought those units were almost identical. That panel almost has to fit... they make that same cabinet for sooo many trane units...
    Not the XB cabinet. The cabinet for the XR/XLi line sure looks the same (minus the fancy top on the XLi), but the XB cabinet looks different and is a different size.

Clorox, I'm personally confused as to which part you're talking about... Right above the service valves? Behind the service valves? Why do you care about it?

Post Likes

Cool

makes the unit look cheaper without that panel... get less rain/weather exposure without it.. ??? It's that annoying panel you have to take off so that you can easily get to the service ports/king valves

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dj3901783 View Post
    makes the unit look cheaper without that panel... get less rain/weather exposure without it.. ??? It's that annoying panel you have to take off so that you can easily get to the service ports/king valves
    Okay, call me blind, but I don't see a difference?

XB: http://www.midwest-mechanical.com/im...B13_AC_CUT.jpg
    XR: http://www.andrewsair.net/images/T_XR13_HP_CUT.jpg
    XLi: http://drkohlman.com/images/xli142gif.gif

Post Likes

Cool

LOL, nice pics but that panel is not on either of those pics... let me see if I can find something, but then I don't know how I would point to it anyway

Post Likes
    I believe you that there is one, but I don't see it on the pics I find. I'm guessing it's just a panel that covers the service valves on the left? I'll have to look for it next time I see a XR/XLi unit.

Post Likes
    Okay now I see it dj. More good pics:

XB: http://www.airexcellencefla.com/ae_references3.jpg
    XR: http://www.airexcellencefla.com/Tran...0XR13%20CU.jpg

The actual panel size may be the same. I don't have Trane's dimensions up on the screen right now.

Post Likes

Cool

I only know what he's talking about because I went to a customer's house and said what happened to that panel and the customer said it came like that... I was OH... duhhh LOL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post

Clorox, I'm personally confused as to which part you're talking about... Right above the service valves? Behind the service valves? Why do you care about it?
    It looks cheap, especially when you can see it clearly from the street/front of the home. Would look more professional complete look with the cover plate on.

The service corner has a top cover and a bottom cover. The bottom cover plate goes over the set lines connection. The XR comes with the service cover plate, the XB does not.

I just want to buy an after market cover and screw it on.

Will the XR cover plate fit or work?

Post Likes
    Will the XR cover plate fit or work?[/QUOTE]

The XR cover plate will be a different color than XB equipment. I believe it will fit, the cover has the 2 tabs that fit into the bottom of the electrical cover panel and the screw holes are all over the XB unit. The best thing about the XR cover plate is the XR unit it comes with.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Clorox View Post
    It looks cheap, especially when you can see it clearly from the street/front of the home. Would look more professional / complete with the cover plate on.
    It is cheap that's why they offer it. Want a cover go with the xr/xl's
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primecooler View Post

The XR cover plate will be a different color than XB equipment. I believe it will fit, the cover has the 2 tabs that fit into the bottom of the electrical cover panel and the screw holes are all over the XB unit.
    So XB does not have it as an after market add on? Screw holes are there. Can I oder direct from Trane. Anybody have a web site or trane parts phone number? Trane does not seem to have a number on their site?

Post Likes
    Trane DOES NOT sell dirsectly to home owners.
    You can purchase the panel through your contractor.

Post Likes
    My contractor is not interested. I told him what I wanted. I know trane sells the parts, my dealer told me the XB's do not have covers and that is that. I know that Trane sells them individually for the XR. I just need to buy one, and screw it in, to see if it fits. They are really cheap. (I just need a number to call or website.)

Post Likes
    Trane may sell them. But they DON"T sell them direct to the public/home owner.
    Find another Trane dealer and buy it through them.

Post Likes
    There is no listing on the parts breakdown of the panel you are looking for. Therefore you need on off a XR unit.

IF your model # is something close to 2TTB30 then you need one off a 2TTR30 as they have the same cabinet footprint other than 4 & 5 ton units. Under these unit the panel is not priced, because it is factory order only. You need a dealer that 1)knows it will fit and 2)will.

Post Likes

help a rookie

I had a unit last week that has 49 degrees in the suction line 175 psig and i couldn't drop inside temp below 78 degrees. I check everything i learn in school but was not enought obviously, so if anybody can help with possible solutions will be apreciated.Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by omharacuna View Post
    I had a unit last week that has 49 degrees in the suction line 175 psig and i couldn't drop inside temp below 78 degrees. I check everything i learn in school but was not enought obviously, so if anybody can help with possible solutions will be apreciated.Thanks
    Thread Hijacked....

Start your own. And get your count up to 15. Then apply for Pro.

Can't help you in open forum.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by omharacuna View Post
    I had a unit last week that has 49 degrees
    Learn to take SH,SC, Wb and DB temps, temp delta across coil also.
    Then when you post a question, we may have an idea of what the system is doing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in