Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    34

    Trane experts...

    The XB13 (R410a) comes minus the bottom service panel cover where the set line plugs in.

    The XR does have the panel cover.

    Does anybody know if they make a bottom panel cover for the XB?

    Will an XR bottom panel cover fit?

    Color for the XB is slate gray?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    70

    Cool

    I thought those units were almost identical. That panel almost has to fit... they make that same cabinet for sooo many trane units...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DC Metro Area (MD)
    Posts
    3,371
    Quote Originally Posted by dj3901783 View Post
    I thought those units were almost identical. That panel almost has to fit... they make that same cabinet for sooo many trane units...
    Not the XB cabinet. The cabinet for the XR/XLi line sure looks the same (minus the fancy top on the XLi), but the XB cabinet looks different and is a different size.

    Clorox, I'm personally confused as to which part you're talking about... Right above the service valves? Behind the service valves? Why do you care about it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    70

    Cool

    makes the unit look cheaper without that panel... get less rain/weather exposure without it.. ??? It's that annoying panel you have to take off so that you can easily get to the service ports/king valves

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DC Metro Area (MD)
    Posts
    3,371
    Quote Originally Posted by dj3901783 View Post
    makes the unit look cheaper without that panel... get less rain/weather exposure without it.. ??? It's that annoying panel you have to take off so that you can easily get to the service ports/king valves
    Okay, call me blind, but I don't see a difference?

    XB: http://www.midwest-mechanical.com/im...B13_AC_CUT.jpg
    XR: http://www.andrewsair.net/images/T_XR13_HP_CUT.jpg
    XLi: http://drkohlman.com/images/xli142gif.gif

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    70

    Cool

    LOL, nice pics but that panel is not on either of those pics... let me see if I can find something, but then I don't know how I would point to it anyway

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DC Metro Area (MD)
    Posts
    3,371
    I believe you that there is one, but I don't see it on the pics I find. I'm guessing it's just a panel that covers the service valves on the left? I'll have to look for it next time I see a XR/XLi unit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    DC Metro Area (MD)
    Posts
    3,371
    Okay now I see it dj. More good pics:

    XB: http://www.airexcellencefla.com/ae_references3.jpg
    XR: http://www.airexcellencefla.com/Tran...0XR13%20CU.jpg

    The actual panel size may be the same. I don't have Trane's dimensions up on the screen right now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    70

    Cool

    I only know what he's talking about because I went to a customer's house and said what happened to that panel and the customer said it came like that... I was OH... duhhh LOL

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post


    Clorox, I'm personally confused as to which part you're talking about... Right above the service valves? Behind the service valves? Why do you care about it?
    It looks cheap, especially when you can see it clearly from the street/front of the home. Would look more professional complete look with the cover plate on.

    The service corner has a top cover and a bottom cover. The bottom cover plate goes over the set lines connection. The XR comes with the service cover plate, the XB does not.

    I just want to buy an after market cover and screw it on.

    Will the XR cover plate fit or work?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    92
    Will the XR cover plate fit or work?[/QUOTE]

    The XR cover plate will be a different color than XB equipment. I believe it will fit, the cover has the 2 tabs that fit into the bottom of the electrical cover panel and the screw holes are all over the XB unit. The best thing about the XR cover plate is the XR unit it comes with.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Clorox View Post
    It looks cheap, especially when you can see it clearly from the street/front of the home. Would look more professional / complete with the cover plate on.
    It is cheap that's why they offer it. Want a cover go with the xr/xl's
    You can't fix stupid

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by primecooler View Post

    The XR cover plate will be a different color than XB equipment. I believe it will fit, the cover has the 2 tabs that fit into the bottom of the electrical cover panel and the screw holes are all over the XB unit.
    So XB does not have it as an after market add on? Screw holes are there. Can I oder direct from Trane. Anybody have a web site or trane parts phone number? Trane does not seem to have a number on their site?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event