Thread: Installers

Installers

I was thinking about getting a rheem a/c unit installed. I went to rheems site and looked up prefered dealers in my area. I have heard of all the horror stories on this site about poor installs. If I go with a perfered dealer from Rheem is that the best way to pick a dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by strawdog View Post
    I was thinking about getting a rheem a/c unit installed. I went to rheems site and looked up prefered dealers in my area. I have heard of all the horror stories on this site about poor installs. If I go with a perfered dealer from Rheem is that the best way to pick a dealer?
    get referalls from friends and neighbors,where do you live?
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The best way to find a reputable contractor is to speak with others in your area about who they trust. And then speak with all those contractors until you find the one that you feel is best equiped to fulfill your needs.

OR......

You could post where you are from and hope that theres a member of this site that is from your area. All the professional members of this site are extremely talented and will be able to at least guide you in the general direction if they can't help you themselves. Its always good to get an honest outside opinion of companies. They may not be able to tell you who is best but I'd be willing to bet they can tell you who to avoid. Just a thought.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

If you live in KS we can help you. We are #1 rheem dealer in the state, and
    7th out of 10 in the united states.

I live in San Antonio Texas

Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    If you live in KS we can help you. We are #1 rheem dealer in the state, and
    7th out of 10 in the united states.
    Yes his name has straw in it.....Along with Dog.

But that don't mean hes from Kansas......your quick to pick up them sales, aren't ya?

I know a lot of people that aint from Kansas that have both Straw and Dogs. Hell for all we know his last name is straw and he's from the hood.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by strawdog View Post
    I live in San Antonio Texas
    Well aintitfun.......ya willing to go on a road trip????

There a A LOT of members here from Texas.......you may get lucky after all.

I'm from San Antonio and if you had a supermarket or walk-in I could help you out, but I do know some mighty fine technicians that work for very reputable companies in town. If you update your profile with your e-mail address I'll send you a list of 4 or 5 companies that can help you out.

Don't get the wrong idea of HVAC contractors. The good ones in this industry far outweigh the bad ones. It's just you hear about the bad ones from people on this site as well as the contractors. You don't hear about all the good ones. There are some bad ones out there, I think you have a better chance of finding a good one that a bad one. Just talk with the guy and if you feel comfortable with him, he'll probably turn out ok.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I'd be very pickey,there's too much that can be done wrong that you'll find out down the road ,if ever.

If your sold on Rheem,their prefered dealers is a good place to start,IMO.