Thread: Old Units

Hybrid View

Old Units

How do you dispose of old units, Do you remove coils, copper ect, or just scrap them in one piece? how much difference does it actually make?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by $_aei View Post
    How do you dispose of old units, Do you remove coils, copper ect, or just scrap them in one piece? how much difference does it actually make?
    one piece you pay them, coils w/ steel attached ok money, coils w/ steel cut off. real good money, plus the u bends are #2 copper so more money still.

we cut out the coils and dump the guts and cases in the metal dumpster.
    You can't fix stupid

yeah i usually just take bout the coil as is. you usually get less than #2 that way but if you have a lot of coils its still worth the trip
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Thanks

Thats pretty much what I've been doing when time allows,
    Kinda sad that a CrackHead will destroy a condenser for 30 or 40 dollars, Even less than that if they get a spiral tube.
    Ken

I cut out the coils and copper. remove refridg. all flat metal and compressors I sell for general weight at the metal yard. The copper and coils I sell to the metal yard too. You get more $$ for #1 copper (no soder joints)

It takes time and a bunch of sawz-all blades. But what else do I have to do I think it is worth the $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Shark207 View Post
    I cut out the coils and copper. remove refridg. all flat metal and compressors I sell for general weight at the metal yard. The copper and coils I sell to the metal yard too. You get more $$ for #1 copper (no soder joints)

It takes time and a bunch of sawz-all blades. But what else do I have to do I think it is worth the $$$
    try milwakee's ice edge blades they are alot tougher. I cut up 550 lbs of coils with 1 blade tonight! a 5 pk cost me $35 at the welding supply house. $7 investment for a 4 figure return
    You can't fix stupid

thanks for the info I'll look into getting those blades!