Thread: Need help making decision on Lennox

Post Likes

Need help making decision on Lennox

A neighbor of mine is a HVAC tech and he has offered me what he told me was only used for about 1-1.5 years a Lennox 3 ton AC. He dropped it off tonight and I looked at it. It seems very clean, but after looking for information on the web for the model, it seems to be much older then that.

The model is 10AC36CDN-1P

Does anyone know the last year these were sold? He said he removed it from a customer about 2 years ago and it was 12 to 18 months in service, so that dates it to roughly 2004-2005. From what I see these units entered service back in 1993, so is it possible to have bought one in 2004-2005 new?

Thanks, I don't want to install such an old unit just to save some money, albeit considerable.

Post Likes
    need a serial number to tell you the age.
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Post Likes
    10acc model started arround 2000
    before that it was 10acb
    it is free or cheap so use it

Post Likes
    Actually it's the 10AC not 10ACC...and it's not free nor cheap.

***Pricing removed***

Where can I find the serial number?

It the Lennox Diplomat model BTW.
    Last edited by NickDarios; 07-01-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Post Likes
    serial # should be on the unit data label.

diplomat was the cheap builder model.

pricing must be removed from your post but i would not pay that for it........

Post Likes
    I wouldn't pay for a new Lennox yet alone a used one

Note to disclaimer:
    Personal opinion of member. In no way was this an attempt to brand bash. So don't loose your marbles. It was just a joke. Not to be taken seriously. Merely for comic relief.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    There is no serial number there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDarios View Post
    There is no serial number there.
    then it musta wore off.....which means its either really old or your looking at the wrong spot.

It shoud be right there below or beside the model number. If there really isn't one, look down inside at the compressor and try to get the make, model, and serial of it.......That would give us an idear too.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    No it's not worn off. There simply is no serial number listed there. The compressor is enclosed from what I can see with I guess some sound proofing?

It's a 10AC36CDN-1P. Lennox site doesn't even have old archives on it.

The only manual I found online was printed in 1993 (http://www.hvac-direct.com/pdf_files/service/9307.pdf)

Really I needed to know if it was possible that this machine was purchased new around 2004, but from what I am reading, it's unlikely. I am calling him first thing in the morning to cancel the install and for him to come and pick up the machine.

Post Likes
    No it's not worn off. There simply is no serial number listed there. The compressor is enclosed from what I can see with I guess some sound proofing?

It's a 10AC36CDN-1P. Lennox site doesn't even have old archives on it.

The only manual I found online was printed in 1993 (http://www.hvac-direct.com/pdf_files/service/9307.pdf)

Really I needed to know if it was possible that this machine was purchased new around 2004, but from what I am reading, it's unlikely. I am calling him first thing in the morning to cancel the install and for him to come and pick up the machine.
    Good for you.

Just remember....you get what you pay for. Used comes with no warranty-period. HVAC is one of those investments where you would be more wise to finance a new system through a contractor you trust.

If you cut corners now, you will pay more in the end.

Post Likes

Another Lennox question, I see a lot of Pros here, thanks !

If I have to choose between new Lennox G61MPV60-90 and G61MPV60-110 fournace, knowing that my total house area (w/o basement) is about 2,600 sq.ft., and with basement about 3,250 sq.ft (garage non included), and that house is built in early 80-ies, when they used to use 2x4 instead of 2x6 for external walls (ergo: my external thermo insulation is not the best), what is the better choise ?
    Contractor "A" says, that 90,000 BTUs are good enough for this area, and that first stage delivering 60K BTUs will do the job, if not second stage of 90K for colder days will be OK (lets say we know that 90,000 are in reality 84,000),
    Contractor "B" says, that it will be better to get a 110,000 BTU fournace, so we will be always sure that if first stage of 90,000 dosn't deliver all juice, second stage of 110,000 will do it. Especialy if price difference b/w both models is not too big ... I don't know how much exactly, anuways ...

But my question in this case is : knowing that a 110K fournace will always start from 90,000 and not from 60,000, is it a good choice ? (more gaz I believe for 90K first stage against 60K == more money spent, but for shorter time lap ??)

Anyone to post a word, PLEASE !! ;-)

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Since you hijacked my thread, I'll hijack it too...do you know a good installer for A/Cs in the Montreal area? I have a great deal on an A/C unit from Ontario but now I need to find someone willing to install it.

----end of hijack----

Post Likes
    Since you hijacked my thread, I'll hijack it too...do you know a good installer for A/Cs in the Montreal area? I have a great deal on an A/C unit from Ontario but now I need to find someone willing to install it.

----end of hijack----
    Thanks for hijacking it ;-), seriously - sorry if I cause you a problem, but topic was too close in terms to mine...

I could give you a name and phone of one I know on south shore - St-Hubert, I didn't work with him but I have good feed-back from friend of mine. M. Serge Desrosiers, 450-656-1733. Is that fine ?

Post Likes
    No the topic was closed for me, so no issue there...just figured your screen name was as local to me as they get.

----end hijack----

and thanks for the contact, I'll give him a call.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreal_Canada View Post
    If I have to choose between new Lennox G61MPV60-90 and G61MPV60-110 fournace, knowing that my total house area (w/o basement) is about 2,600 sq.ft., and with basement about 3,250 sq.ft (garage non included), and that house is built in early 80-ies, when they used to use 2x4 instead of 2x6 for external walls (ergo: my external thermo insulation is not the best), what is the better choise ?
    Contractor "A" says, that 90,000 BTUs are good enough for this area, and that first stage delivering 60K BTUs will do the job, if not second stage of 90K for colder days will be OK (lets say we know that 90,000 are in reality 84,000),
    Contractor "B" says, that it will be better to get a 110,000 BTU fournace, so we will be always sure that if first stage of 90,000 dosn't deliver all juice, second stage of 110,000 will do it. Especialy if price difference b/w both models is not too big ... I don't know how much exactly, anuways ...

But my question in this case is : knowing that a 110K fournace will always start from 90,000 and not from 60,000, is it a good choice ? (more gaz I believe for 90K first stage against 60K == more money spent, but for shorter time lap ??)

Anyone to post a word, PLEASE !! ;-)

Thanks!

load calc needs to be done to know which one you need.

look into the G71MPP furnace, i doubt we will sell anymore G61s now that the new model is out..........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in