Looking to replace my old Carrier Air Conditioner. It is about 15 years old and has a refrigirant leak.

About a year and a half ago, I had an Amana AMH95 furnace installed. (Model # AMH950703BX)

The contractor who did the Amana furnace recommended the following Amana A/C unit: ASX14 (2 ton)

So, is this a good combo?: AMH95 and ASX14

The ASX14 is 14 SEER. The contractor stated for the furnace I have (the AMH95) it is not advisable to go to a higher SEER unit..... something to do with the blowers in the furnace.....not sure why. But, is that true?

The current Carrier unit is a 2 ton unit. He advises using the same size. Over sizing he says will not allow for proper dehumidification. For the last 5 years that I have been in the house, the A/C seems to have been fine.... But how do I know, other than by my experiences with it over the last 5 years, if the 2 ton size is the right size? The house is a 3 bedroom ranch with a basement (basement is half finished), approx 1500 sq ft living space.

As far as the inside coil, is there anything I should be aware of? type? size? etc....

Thanks for the help.