Trane Thermostats VS. Honeywell IAQ

I am getting a new Trane system installed in the next few weeks. I was planning on getting a TCONT802 with the new system so I could use a remote senor instead of the built in sensor. I have read that the Honeywell IAQ does not have that relay click noise like the TCONT802 and other thermostats do. Is the TCONT900 Trane similar to the IAQ in that is does not make the click noise? Also does the TCONT900 allow remote senor hookup? Thanks

Teddy

The Trane 900 is just a relabeled IAQ.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the replay. Is it true I would not hear the clicking noise at the thermostat? Also will this work with a Trane xv95 and xr13 AC? Do you think this is a worthwhile upgrade over the Trane 802? Thanks again.

Teddy

Correct. The clicking noise would be at the module, which is installed at the furnace. The thermostat on the wall does not click.

The IAQ/900, can slow the VS blower, the 802 can't. So even with a single stage A/C, you get the benefit of better humidity control. Plus, the clicking noise of the 802 is annoying at times. And that alone can be enough reason to get teh IAQ/900.

Plus, if you ever add a humidifier, dehumidifier, or fresh air intake damper, the IAQ/900 can also control any of them. So you only have one control(the thermostat) that controls everything. Makes for a cleaner looking wall.
    Contractor locator map

With a Thermostat like the Trane 900 would it be better to turn off the Comfort-R feature? Or does it work side by side with it? I am curious to if many other people find the clicking on thermostats annoying? Thanks again

Teddy

I wouldn't use the comfort r with the 900.
    It becomes a waste of electric at the warmer outdoor temps.
    With comfort r, the blower ramps up slow weather or not the indoor humidity is high. if the humidity is low, why ramp up slow.
    If its high, the 900 will keep the blower slowed down until the humidity is low again. And with cool to dehumidify enabled, it won't get high.
    Contractor locator map