Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I'm moving to Texas.........

http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Sto...5278638&page=1

Horn fatally shot the burglars, two illegal immigrants from Colombia named Diego Ortiz and Miguel de Jesus.

Poopy-happens.......I think the Texas Judicial system just sent burglars a very loud and clear message
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

He should have been proscecuted to the full extent of the law. What he did was premeditated murder, plain an simple. At no time was he threatened and it wasn't his property. Fry him!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink

too bad its only texas that looks at it that way

"The Law" just said he had that right. Can't prosecute that..........

I Love Texas
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by troyorr View Post
    He should have been proscecuted to the full extent of the law
    He was.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

At least you know your stuff will be safe when you go on trips.

Anyways, I grew up in Houston for 20 years. Fairly good place. Just dont mess with Harris County Sheriffs, the're a bunch of good ol boys.

He should have been proscecuted to the full extent of the law. What he did was premeditated murder, plain an simple. At no time was he threatened and it wasn't his property. Fry him!!!!!!!!!!!
    Deadly force statutes in Texas allow for situations like this. If his neighbor asked him to watch over his home ,it's permissible.What would you have done ? Help these crooks load their STOLEN booty in the trunk and wished them a good day? I think not. Not living here you look at this in a different light. The saddest thing is ,there's a hundred more of these low lifes to take the place of these bums. What should he have done in your opinion? According to the DA he did absolutely nothing wrong,and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post

I Love Texas
    Me too.

If it was NY they would have, then the state would give these ILLEGAL ALIENS relatives a couple of million bucks and say "we are so sorry"

The more times criminals are killed by law abiding citizens, the less crime there will be be.......guaranteed

We just had a guy that tried to steal a a guys car and the guy chased him for a 1/4 mile and shot him dead.
    There was a big outrage not because the punishment for stealing was death but because the guy that shot him 1/4 mile away was a Jar Head.
    I know a whole bunch of Vets and a whole bunch of Jar Heads but that is the only reason all of the "Citizens" wanted to give him a pass is for his service.
    The stealer guy was an addict as are a whole lot of Vets I know. Not much difference here.
    No one should be killed for something like stealing. Unfortunately some Vets steal for reasons many of you can only imagine.
    Tolerance is probably beyond some here as they would kill you for a clock radio but this isn't for them as I feel they are beyond salvation for now.
    Don't be self richeous as how you think it's your moral right to kill. It could be you. Oh ya... the stealer guy had kids that don't have a father.
    And I'm not a whiney liberal... Just a relist.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    If it was NY they would have, then the state would give these ILLEGAL ALIENS relatives a couple of million bucks and say "we are so sorry"

The more times criminals are killed by law abiding citizens, the less crime there will be be.......guaranteed
    In truth, most citizens don't have the training or the stomach for killing. They would probably perish in a gun fight.
    There but for fortune go you and I.

As this isn't the the wild west we need to decide what constitutes death and what constitutes compassion.
    You could forever and never satisfy the need.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    We just had a guy that tried to steal a a guys car and the guy chased him for a 1/4 mile and shot him dead.
    There was a big outrage not because the punishment for stealing was death but because the guy that shot him 1/4 mile away was a Jar Head.
    I know a whole bunch of Vets and a whole bunch of Jar Heads but that is the only reason all of the "Citizens" wanted to give him a pass is for his service.
    The stealer guy was an addict as are a whole lot of Vets I know. Not much difference here.
    No one should be killed for something like stealing. Unfortunately some Vets steal for reasons many of you can only imagine.
    Tolerance is probably beyond some here as they would kill you for a clock radio but this isn't for them as I feel they are beyond salvation for now.
    Don't be self richeous as how you think it's your moral right to kill. It could be you. Oh ya... the stealer guy had kids that don't have a father.
    And I'm not a whiney liberal... Just a relist.
    so "stealer guy" THE CRIMINAL, tries to boost a LAW ABIDING citizens car, and ( as strange as it seems) the LAW ABIDING CITIZEN decides he doesn't want to loose his car to A CRIMINAL, and shoots THE CRIMINAL dead.........boo-hooo

So father-of-the-year died during the commission of a felony........boo-hoo.

Maybe father-of-the-year should have stayed home with the kids

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    In truth, most citizens don't have the training or the stomach for killing.

As this isn't the the wild west we need to decide what constitutes death and what constitutes compassion.
    Well,we know in Texas.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast