Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by derbysr View Post
    Let me get this straight :
    1st 20X25 with 4" filter (pleaded probaly or electronic )
    2nd 5 ton Unit outside
    3rd Coil/Evaporator inside to match the condernser outside.
    4th Variable Speed Air Handler.
    All this is a H/P .
    You have "only" 1 Return Air ?
    Now we are getting to the basics of what is there and what they can work with.
    If this info is right then ...............
    Money can be earned back easily, but a reputation developed over years can be wiped away instantly.
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

Yes, mostly

The filter is referred to as 4" but the exact measurements are a little different. The house is all electric, no gas available in the country cept propane. The outside unit is 2 stage, air handler is variable speed, copper line (suction?) coming into the house is 1 1/4 inches, TXV installed.
    I don't understand your question about one return air. There are 5 ducts going into the R/A plenum. The humidity level in each of the rooms ranges between 38 and 48. We keep the unit at 78 degrees and each room is within 1 degree. There are no hot/cold spots and the variable speed takes care of the instant on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Farm View Post
    Mr. Wrangler-
    You are corrrect, it was a system change out. The insulation inside the cabinet was wet and I expressed concern over mold so they changed out the whole system. The fix is to change the cfm dip switch settings and to redo the drains. (we hope)
    Crazy mountain biker-
    Are you saying to put a cap on the secondary drain that was shown in the picture? I thought it was supposed to be a vent. Help me understand how your fix would help.
    Thanks to all
    What I am saying is you don't really need a "vent for your condensate. I live in Oregon and our codes do not require such a thing. Besides the way it looks in the picture you never really are using the main drain. The second one is doing all the work. Ask Whoever you get back over if that secondary drain or"vent" is really necessary cause I know for a fact that I NEVER have needed one.

so you do have 5 ducks going into the R/A , but do you have 5 returns ?
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

Mountain Biker- thanks for the info.
    derbysr- Yes I have 5 returns, some of them split to other rooms (8 total). Also, it is a pleated filter, #203720, Honeywell.

would you be nice enought to give the sizes..............

Sorry for the dumb question, of what? The supply, returns, both?

Just the Return sizes..."all of them" and what type of filters or not you have in each one.
    Have you just got one big filter at the unit ??? 4' pleated Honeywell
    Last edited by derbysr; 07-11-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: aading more info

If the problem of the A/C at the house is solved , then the why was obvious.
    If its not ,then the problem still exist with the possibility of dragging on and for you the Customer having to pull you're hairs out and at the end of the rope of sanity.

derbysr-
    I'm not sure I'm 100% with you on that last assumption. I still don't know if the problem was a faulty unit (remember, Amana wants it sent back), the dip switch settings or a bad install causing the drains not to function properly.
    What cause are you zeroing inon?

I am not an Amana dealer, so I probably do not know much about this particular equipment. However, I try to keep up with the industry as a whole.

I have read that some air handlers have such high air flow (velocity) through them; the condensate tends to be 'thrown' off the coil and end up all over the place. Some coils on a furnaces in the horizontal (as yours) installation, have the same issue. And this problem seems to be worse with higher tonnage units.

Airflow issues seem to be the issue here. You need to have someone evaluate the entire duct system. And the repairs, if needed, may cost some $$$. Best to you on this, please let us know what you come up with.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Air flow could be the cause , has Ga-HVAC-Tech wrote , that's the reason knowing "if" you have enough Return Air is the cause .
    The company that has done the install has already has given "indications" of of high static readings on Return Air .
    There is many things there could be wrong , but you eliminate the obvious , and concentrate on the hidden. Definitely this one is for the history of our Grand kids.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234