Thread: Condensate drain (s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Condensate drain (s)

My main condensate drain is working correctly (just got new system) but I still have +- an inch of water in the emergency drain pan and it is flowing out. I didn't think the pan would be draining water except if the main drain failed. Can you set me straight? Live in hot humid Dallas TX.
    Thanks,

Post Likes
    If the main drain is working right, how did the water get in the emergency pan.

Post Likes
    Is the end of your condensate drain line flowing freely or in the dirt? The clog may not always be in the drain line itself but at the end of the line. Best thing to do is look to see if if your line is dripping from outside. If it is in fact dripping in ac mode then the challenge is not your line.. If it was me I would install a pvc union, blow out the line with nitrogen, install an easy trap and float switch.. Hope it works out for you!

Post Likes
    It sounds like the condensate isn't all going out your primary drain, and is dripping into the emergency drain. What did your installing contractor say when he came out to look at it?
    "Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Pictures would help.

Post Likes
    After your installing contractor fixes your drain problem. (Sounds like your Coil is not "level" in the air-handler. Or the primary pan is cracked. Or connections in your pvc is not tight.) Have them intall a float switch in your emergency pan and a "SS1" or any style of "in-line" float switch in your drain line. These two items will shut down your system if you have drain problems in the future. Which will prevent any further damage.

Post Likes
    I bet your installing contractor would respond to a water in the emergency pan on a new system

If in fact he is Licensed, insured and bonded.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    I bet your installing contractor would respond to a water in the emergency pan on a new system

You got that right!!! I would be running to that one. And if it is in the attic. SPRINTING to it--Don't wanna buy sheetrock and a paint job for anyone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post

And NATE approved....
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in