Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ask them how they (or anybody) propose to remove the evap coil in the future. Looks like a poor install. From what I can see in that picture.

Mr. Wrangler-
    Could you elaborate a little for me? Should there have been some kind of a panel or an access door to get the EC out, what should/could have been done in your opinion?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Farm View Post
    Mr. Wrangler-
    Could you elaborate a little for me? Should there have been some kind of a panel or an access door to get the EC out, what should/could have been done in your opinion?
    Thanks
    The access panel is there. But,the trapeze (the support for the unit) has what looks like 3/8 all thread rod directly in front of the coil access door. From what I can make out in the picture, you'd have to remove that first,then what would support the unit? Also, the primary drain just doesn't look quite right.

The tech came out and drained the pan looking for a leak. He said the area around the TXV where hot meets cold was sweating. He insulated and caulked that and told me to keep an eye on it. Will get pics for anyone interested.
    Thanks

I'm not trying to nit pick this install but, you have other issues with this job. It looks a bit on the sloppy side to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    I don't recognize what they did with the trap. Or what kind it is. Is it one of those prefab with a switch?

There is a red dial looking thing. Is the trap open to the atmosphere on the upstream side. We know the secondary trap is primed by now if it is leaking into the pan.

We would be in a hurry to look at that install if we did it. Like said before, we don't want to buy a new ceiling.
    That's an EZ Trap. It has a float switch installed and wired to shut the system down in case the drain backs up. The red dial looking thing is a cap that can be removed to use the brush that comes with the setup to clean the pan drain. The outlet is vented by a black plastic tube with an ear for holding the cleaning brush. It's a neat system. The only problem with it is that it won't detect a blockage upstream.

it looks like crap to me. he should fix it right.why should you be up there looking around. he's the mechanic not you. i'm sure you paid someone good money, let them monitor it.

Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    Is the coil level ? Goodman gas furnace?

TXV looks like spaghetti.
    After furthur review i now see you have airhandler

Dallas TX., what is this a heat pump?

Thought you guys have decent gas rates, oh well.

pic. of the whole setup would be appreciated, allways interesting to see how others install.

Confused

i could be wrong , but it looks like they installed a drain or down spout in the higher outlet of the primary drain and then 90'd it acouple of times so it points straight up. thats pure jake leg. its supposedly for vent , but i don't agree with the need for a vent or an overflow on the higher outlet. maybe if it had another float switch.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I'm not trying to nit pick this install but, you have other issues with this job. It looks a bit on the sloppy side to me.
    I agree. Was this job done by a company or a one man show. If it was a company have the manager come out to have a look, I bet if the company worth anything he will get you fixed up. Oh yeah tell him you are going to release their name to this site if you dont get answers. If it was a one man show, you get what you pay for, most of the time.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    i could be wrong , but it looks like they installed a drain or down spout in the higher outlet of the primary drain and then 90'd it acouple of times so it points straight up. thats pure jake leg. its supposedly for vent , but i don't agree with the need for a vent or an overflow on the higher outlet. maybe if it had another float switch.
    Good catch. I missed that the first time.
    "It's always controls"

Talking

for a dollar you can get a 3/4 pvc cap and end your problem, seriously i only charge a dollar!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Problem getting resolved?

After hearing about installation being the most important part of the purchasing decision, I did a lot of looking and interviewing before I selected the company I went with. They were not the cheapest!
    However my problems are on-going. The water in the emergency drain pan is coming from the cabinet. The problem lies in several areas. The main drain may not have had the proper slope to operate efficiently. Also, the static pressure was very high, forcing too much return air, causing moisture buildup. The insulation on the inside of the cabinet was wet but not in the plenum.(sp) This is what I observed and have been told by the service mgr who was out here today.
    Solution? They replaced everything between the two plenums, cabinet, coil, blower, drain, etc. The dip switches were set at 400 cfm and the mfg rep said to drop it down to 350. They will be out next week to check the humidity in the living areas and of course, any leaks.
    Is there something I should be asking/on the look out for?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast